NFLPA recommends Josh Gordon be reinstated

kingseanjohn

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

What should we do instead? Support him not having a goal to work toward to help him stay clean?

Why does he deserve endless opportunities to be a professional athlete?   Same with Aldon Smith.  Alot dont even get SECOND chances.   Some people dont learn or grow, no matter whats at stake.

He had the talent and opportunity to be one of the best and highest paid WRs in the game, and that "goal" didnt stop him from doing it over and over.

The bleeding heart mentality some people have is usually misguided.   It often enables recidivism and relapses.

Clearly, Gordon needs NEW goals to work towards to....because football clearly isnt the goal thats going to get him to change.

I wish Gordon the best, and I dont necessarily have an issue with him being reinstated since it doesnt affect me, but there is no evidence to suggest football is helping him.   If he doesn't WANT to change, nothing else matters.   

But if some team wants to take a chance on 30 year old WR who isnt much more than a backup caliber player anymore and hasnt shown any desire to change....by all means.    

Edited by 43M
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, 43M said:

Clearly, Gordon needs NEW goals to work towards to....because football clearly isnt the goal thats going to get him to change.

Exactly this. It's established that playing in the NFL is not a motivating goal for Gordon. He needs to find help in other ways. Teams have bent over backwards to help him. The lack of consequences also doesnt help. Why stay clean when you know the NFL will just let you back in to make bucko bucks next year?

• Like 3