NFLPA recommends Josh Gordon be reinstated

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've never smoked, eaten, or ingested the stuff in any way in my entire life, but I have to say that this post does actually make sense.  

I have and I wouldn't recommend it. If you come across some send it to me and I'll dispose of it, don't ruin your life. PM for my address so I can help you help yourself.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I have and I wouldn't recommend it. If you come across some send it to me and I'll dispose of it, don't ruin your life. PM for my address so I can help you help yourself.

xD  OK, you've got a deal.  I have no interest in the stuff.  On another note, I have about half a dozen huge mushrooms currently sprouting up in my front yard.  Would you like me to box those up and send them to you?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

xD  OK, you've got a deal.  I have no interest in the stuff.  On another note, I have about half a dozen huge mushrooms currently sprouting up in my front yard.  Would you like me to box those up and send them to you?

Nah I'm good, I don't have a way of destroying that product but I appreciate the offer.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 43M said:

Way to cherry pick one small part of the post and ignore the context that supported it.   The rest of my post pretty much addresses this.

And your assessment is extremely flawed.  None of us could violate major rules time after time and keep our jobs with the same company.   Thats delusional.

What exactly does he produce that justfies the headaches he brings?    He has had one semi decent year since his huge 2013.   He cant keep his act together long enough to do anything.

Once again, I dont care if a team wants to sign him.   Thats their risk to take.   I just laugh at the ideas that a)  he DESERVES another opportunity and b)  that football is supposedly HELPING him clean up his act when there is literally ZERO evidence to support that.

If you are talented enough at the right type of job then yes, an employer will look past the fact that you smoked weed. There's no reason why he should not be able to be signed by an NFL team. If he is talented enough to demand a contract to play WR professionally then he should be permitted to sign with that team. Also, the guy got suspended or kicked out of the league for smoking weed. Who cares if the guy smokes weed? Even if he is reinstated, I don't know who would have interest in him at this point. 

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Lotta people who think they should be able to control someone's life they don't respect in here.

Huge yikes.

You are being a little hyperbolic. Societal consequences do and should exist. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You are being a little hyperbolic. Societal consequences do and should exist. 

permanent societal consequences as severe as an employment ban should exist for a member of a union (being supported by his union) trying to get employed that has not harmed anyone by the actions in questions?

and I'm being hyperbolic?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

permanent societal consequences as severe as an employment ban should exist for a member of a union (being supported by his union) trying to get employed that has not harmed anyone by the actions in questions?

and I'm being hyperbolic?

To be clear, I don't really care about what he was shut down for and think no one should be shut Down for what he was... I'm just tired of this circle of news stories. At some point it just has to end.

19 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

To be clear, I don't really care about what he was shut down for and think no one should be shut Down for what he was... I'm just tired of this circle of news stories. At some point it just has to end.

maybe that's part of all of this: to continue to bring up the absurdity of the league and perhaps be an impetus for much needed change.

• Like 1

- The NFL’s policy on this is archaic and I’m fine (albeit, mostly indifferent) with Gordon being reinstated. 

- If someone told me I’d be a millionaire if I stopped smoking/drinking/wearing blue sneakers, I’d do it. I wouldn’t forgo my and my family’s future for something trivial, whether it’s a stupid rule or not. Gordon’s either a dope or has a problem. Either way, best of luck. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

And playing in the NFL isn't a "right". 

Moreover, nobody on here has said jack about wishing failure on him. But it is painfully obvious that football isn't something that has (or overwhelmingly unlikely to ever) be a motivation for him to get his ish together. 

Frankly, it seems that the money, travel, attention, etc. are more triggering to him than anything else. Every time he does come back, he relapses. Why does he want to come back? To now be clean and play? Money? Folks around him getting in his ear? 

Everyone has a "right" to get clean and make a living. And guess what? Even the kindest of judges will eventually pull the plug on rehab routines if they aren't working and demand something else be tried. 

Uhhhh maybe he comes back because he has a talent for football? He needs money ?No job in this world is a right. Please don’t use that the line “NFL isn’t right, it’s a privilege”. 

The logic is stupid, he’s a free citizen. He can apply for any job he wants. NFL just happens to be that job. He can apply and the teams can reject it. Acting like teams don’t have that power. People just being silly because people feel that he’s screwing up an opportunity that many would die for.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

- The NFL’s policy on this is archaic and I’m fine (albeit, mostly indifferent) with Gordon being reinstated. 

- If someone told me I’d be a millionaire if I stopped smoking/drinking/wearing blue sneakers, I’d do it. I wouldn’t forgo my and my family’s future for something trivial, whether it’s a stupid rule or not. Gordon’s either a dope or has a problem. Either way, best of luck. 

It's an over simplistic view Gordon has some kind of mental problem whether its addiction or a self destructive thing like borderline.

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Bro, even I can tell Thomas is wearing a wire. You're too pretty for jail. But maybe a lenient judge will just make you have to go back to being a Vikings fan again (punishment enough amirite Packers fans). 

46 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Bro, even I can tell Thomas is wearing a wire. You're too pretty for jail. But maybe a lenient judge will just make you have to go back to being a Vikings fan again (punishment enough amirite Packers fans). 

The way Rodgers is playing these days, I'm the least of their worries. 

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Lotta people who think they should be able to control someone's life they don't respect in here.

Huge yikes.

Meanwhile those same people don't even have control over their own lives....

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's an over simplistic view Gordon has some kind of mental problem whether its addiction or a self destructive thing like borderline.

I have no idea if he has a mental problem or not, but the equation was pretty simple for him. Do X (not smoke), get Y (millions more dollars that’ll set his family up for generations). Guy didn’t do it. Either too dumb to make a smart choice (multiple times) or couldn’t stop himself.

Whether the rule is a good one or not (it isn’t) is irrelevant in this sense. 

Edited by Yin-Yang