TNF: NYG @ WSH Thread

Sad People

Who wins?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Giants
    • Football Team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2021 at 12:45 AM

After the Giants didn't draft any O-Linemen this year and also spent money in FA everywhere but O-Line I believe? I figured they felt comfortable about that unit but then a week before the season started they traded not for 1 but 2 linemen...I don't understand teams not being aggressive to build or fix their line especially when this appears to a make or break season for Daniel Jones

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Monday Night Football isnt much better imo

Typically I would agree but I find "Motor City" Dan Campbell to be highly entertaining plus take a look at their coaching staff, its as cool of a staff as I've seen. No idea if they make it work, but I haven't been excited to see the Lions play my entire life until now

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep

53 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

After the Giants didn't draft any O-Linemen this year and also spent money in FA everywhere but O-Line I believe? I figured they felt comfortable about that unit but then a week before the season started they traded not for 1 but 2 linemen...I don't understand teams not being aggressive to build or fix their line especially when this appears to a make or break season for Daniel Jones

The Giants drafted Andrew Thomas (1st), Matt Peart (3rd), Shane Lemieux (5th) in 2020. I think they were expecting those 3 to improve with a new offensive line coach and for Will Hernandez and Nate Solder to both bounce back this year. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Giants drafted Andrew Thomas (1st), Matt Peart (3rd), Shane Lemieux (5th) in 2020. I think they were expecting those 3 to improve with a new offensive line coach and for Will Hernandez and Nate Solder to both bounce back this year. 

Also had multiple Olineman retire in the preseason so it left the depth lacking which is why Gettlemen made some moves

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I get they were aggressive in the 2020 draft but Thomas supposedly played bad (From what I heard) It just worries me they traded for 2 linemen right before the season started rather than sign or trade for a legit starter, not two guys who probably will just be backups. Its early and maybe they will improve but it needs to happen this year so they can get a legit read on Daniel Jones IMO

2 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I get they were aggressive in the 2020 draft but Thomas supposedly played bad (From what I heard) It just worries me they traded for 2 linemen right before the season started rather than sign or trade for a legit starter, not two guys who probably will just be backups. Its early and maybe they will improve but it needs to happen this year so they can get a legit read on Daniel Jones IMO

Thomas may have struggled but he was a rookie during the covid season, Kolton Miller had arguably the worst season ever for a LT as a rookie but has developed into a really good player for the Raiders. There weren't really a ton of high quality OL in free agency this year and the only OL they could've realistically taken at #20 were Darrisaw, Jenkins, Dickerson (who are all hurt), or Eichenberg who had a solid first start at LT for Miami this week. But they just spent a third round pick on Peart and were getting Solder back who has been okay for them in the past. 

The Broncos will have one of the better defenses in the league this season so it was a tough matchup week 1. I think the Giants have done a pretty good job of putting weapons around him in the passing game with Golladay, Slayton, Sheppard, Toney, Engram, and Rudolph. Their biggest issue is their inability to run the ball, they should've brought in a solid backup with Saquan's injury status. 

• Like 1

Thomas actually played well last week. It was Peart who got abused by Miller. Solder should be the full time RT at this point. That WFT front 7 scares me, so much talent. But if they are going to load up to stop SB then Jones needs to make them pay and get Golladay and Shep involved early. 

Have to go with WFT on this one. Saquan Barkley is listed as questionable and coming off of a short week I doubt that he plays. Think it's a low scoring game with WFT's ability to run the ball being the difference. The Giants allowed 159 rushing yards (5.9 ypc) last week against Denver while WFT held the Chargers to 90 yards (3.1 ypc). WFT also rushed for 126 yards (4.6 ypc) while the Giants rushed for 60 yards (3.0 ypc). 

WFT: 24

NYG: 14

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Thomas actually played well last week. It was Peart who got abused by Miller. Solder should be the full time RT at this point. That WFT front 7 scares me, so much talent. But if they are going to load up to stop SB then Jones needs to make them pay and get Golladay and Shep involved early. 

Barkley probably isn't going to play. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Barkley probably isn't going to play. 

Not sure about that. I know he's listen as questionable. Probably will be on a snap count like he was week 1. But I think he'll take the field. This is already sort of a must win game for us. Didn't see him take any massive hits week 1. He should be healthy. 

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Not sure about that. I know he's listen as questionable. Probably will be on a snap count like he was week 1. But I think he'll take the field. This is already sort of a must win game for us. Didn't see him take any massive hits week 1. He should be healthy. 

Barkley admitted Tuesday that playing two games four days apart while coming back from a torn ACL in his right knee was not ideal. He tore the knee ligament in Week 2 of last season, had surgery in October and started the summer on the physically unable to perform list. He didn't face his first contact until just a ew weeks ago and was feeling natural soreness after being tackled for the first time in almost a year on Sunday.

But it does sound like he plans to play. I think you guys should try to get him more involved in the passing game to ease him back in and to get him the ball in space. 

• Like 1