Boys in our vacay home, @Chargers - Week 2 GDT

Just now, Tony7188 said:

And people really wanted us to draft Slater over him. Parsons has been an impact player this team has needed. 

To be fair, the reason that @Nextyearfordaboyz and I had reservations about him were because he was an off the ball LB who was very raw and came with character issue baggage. 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Secondary doing well this drive.

Jaylon tackling.

Sky not falling. 

Defense on pace to have as many turn overs as TDs given up. 

(trying to get you negative nancys in a better mood)

It is uplifting and I must admit somewhat bewildering to see our D force turnovers given how inept we have been in that department.  Progress is being made on defense but there is still work to do.  As someone posted we will need another defense focused draft to take the next step.  It's clear though that the offense will carry this club and Dak and company can't afford to make too many mistakes.

Edited by Northland
  • Like 1
Just now, D82 said:

I mean, Slater is looking like a hell of a player too

True. Whichever choice we made would’ve been great. But after so many years of drafting an offensive player in a similar situation, I’m glad we grabbed the impact player on defense instead. 

1 minute ago, Northland said:

It is uplifting and I must admit somewhat bewildering to see our D force turnovers given how inept we have been in that department.  Progress is being made on defense but their is still work to do.  As someone posted we will need another defense focused draft to take the next step.  It's clear though that the offense will carry this club and Dak and company can't afford to make too many mistakes.

If I bring up 2020 defense the initial reaction from all of us would be "My god they were bad!". We forget - the Cowboys were #1 in the NFL for defensive turnovers for 7 (?) straight weeks last year as well. It was around November.

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

To be fair, the reason that @Nextyearfordaboyz and I had reservations about him were because he was an off the ball LB who was very raw and came with character issue baggage. 

I get it, especially with LC not playing all last year. But the combo Jaylon Smith and LVE is terrible. I’m sure one (maybe both) will be gone next year. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Just getting in…cliff notes?  D appears to be holding up

Both teams playing pretty well. We have an INT that got called back on a ticky tacky DPI (i hate the call) that the Chargers eventually scored a TD. Lots of penalties. 

Parsons might be our best DE on the team. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1