Boys in our vacay home, @Chargers - Week 2 GDT

Matts4313

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Right, and I am saying they thought/knew/felt they didnt need to get any closer and managed the game so as to not lose yards or possession. 

Apply the same principal as if we were kicking a 30 yarder. The "I dont need any more yards because it doesnt change the difficulty of the kick" mindset. They believed they were in range. They were correct. 

I get all that man, we just disagree I guess. Yes, I understand ur point of a fumble, Int., sack etc. But we had one TO out left and would have felt more comfy getting closer. Yea, he nailed under pressure clutch, but he could have easily missed it. That sucker was fading right pretty good.

• Like 1

Thought this was pretty accurate from the Chargers fan side:

13 minutes ago, Kael said:

Good game Dallas. 

Scoring position turnovers killed the Chargers here.

Refs went out of their way to kill BOTH teams.

As a Chargers fan I can say that I am rather pleased with the direction of the team, if not the result. It's going to take a bit with a rookie HC, new offense and defense. But they are in the right direction. They play to win, not play to lose. That 4th and 1 from their own 30? Never would have even been considered previously. That 2 point conversion to make it a 3 point game? Never.

As for Dallas its defense played its heart out. With the people they were missing, you can't help but give them props for that.

^^Youre right, Chargers are on the upswing and will be a tough out. They fought till the end. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Man. I'm so happy. I'm not even going to acknowledge Matt's absurd take. 

Let's go. We didn't need super dak to win. That feels great. 

Lol it pretty absurd as Mcarthy is getting killed right now for his clock management. Take the win and run. 

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

I get all that man, we just disagree I guess. Yes, I understand ur point of a fumble, Int., sack etc. But we had one TO out left and would have felt more comfy getting closer. Yea, he nailed under pressure clutch, but he could have easily missed it. That sucker was fading right pretty good.

I understand the emotion from fans behind it. Greg looked horrible last week and you want to get as close as possible. I guess I am just pointing out that in-game, the coach will literally go to the kicker and ask "where do you need it?" and then play to get to that spot. 

If I was calling the game, I push for more yards. But I understand it when a coach plays it safe, especially when the downside isnt a loss, its overtime.  

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

Soccer is actually good at calls. Cant fault the refs when the players are the ones flopping

Very valid point. No way to penalize for faking an injury when there's no true way of knowing. I say take them off the field for X amount of time and then see what happens. The equivalent of a player in the NFL, has to miss a play etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I understand the emotion from fans behind it. Greg looked horrible last week and you want to get as close as possible. I guess I am just pointing out that in-game, the coach will literally go to the kicker and ask "where do you need it?" and then play to get to that spot. 

If I was calling the game, I push for more yards. But I understand it when a coach plays it safe, especially when the downside isnt a loss, its overtime.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

:shakes head: 

The clock management was fine if thats the range Zueline was comfortable with. Which it clearly was as we did not attempt to gain any more yards even though we had time. 

Clock management was fine. Cowboys wanted to have the final opportunity for the win