Boys in our vacay home, @Chargers - Week 2 GDT

Matts4313

25 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Very valid point. No way to penalize for faking an injury when there's no true way of knowing. I say take them off the field for X amount of time and then see what happens. The equivalent of a player in the NFL, has to miss a play etc.

My thing with soccer is similar to your point HD.  I think when a player goes down like he's at deaths door the following protocol occurs.  Play is stopped.  The "severely injured" players coach is approached and told out of concern for said players health, he has to be substituted for.  Immediately.  He's out of the game.  That may stop the flip flopping.  Like any other sport some soccer refs are better than others.  Some set the tone very early that they won't tolerate crap.  Others don't.

Let's end the soccer discussion.

47 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

WHo cares what Z wants with like 25 seconds left....get closer. That's the management we're referring too. Z has not been reliable in this very short season obviously. I'd want to get it at the goal line before wanting him to kick.

I am rethinking this a lot.  Personally I totally understand the attitude get it closer and in fact that is my first take.  HOW ever if you have a kicker who is struggling from one hash and automatic from the other being on the right hash so long as it is clearly in range is more important than being "five" yards closer.  My problem was I think they were shocked not TO call by SD and that cost them the opportunity to try and get a 1st down. 

1 minute ago, quiller said:

I am rethinking this a lot.  Personally I totally understand the attitude get it closer and in fact that is my first take.  HOW ever if you have a kicker who is struggling from one hash and automatic from the other being on the right hash so long as it is clearly in range is more important than being "five" yards closer.  My problem was I think they were shocked not TO call by SD and that cost them the opportunity to try and get a 1st down. 

All I know is we had what...25...23...seconds left and a TO left. TO Matts point, yes, worst case we go OT. But all logic says get closer. As far as which hash, that can still be accomplished without wasting time.

Take it with a grain a salt, but Brad Schamm was critical of it as well.

17 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

All I know is we had what...25...23...seconds left and a TO left. TO Matts point, yes, worst case we go OT. But all logic says get closer. As far as which hash, that can still be accomplished without wasting time.

Take it with a grain a salt, but Brad Schamm was critical of it as well.

OH I am very critical of how that ending was handled. But NOT of the run call.   I just hate that they wasted so much time.  They had time to hurry up run a quick hitting pass play,  run the ball if needed to get to the right hash then call time out...

If getting a first down on either play Clock the ball.. run to the right hash TO hit FG....  

all of those were legitimate options.  Instead choas and indecision reigned and I think and they got lucky. 

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

To be fair, the reason that @Nextyearfordaboyz and I had reservations about him were because he was an off the ball LB who was very raw and came with character issue baggage. 

Meh, I’ll own it. Of course I had reasons not to like him. He has proven me swiftly and convincingly wrong. He’s already a legit NFL linebacker and pass rusher.

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Meh, I’ll own it. Of course I had reasons not to like him. He has proven me swiftly and convincingly wrong. He’s already a legit NFL linebacker and pass rusher.

Based on things we read a number of us had concerns about Parsons leading up to the draft.  Kids a player.  If we are being honest a lot of us had concerns about Bosa vs Steele today.  I know I did.