Boys in our vacay home, @Chargers - Week 2 GDT

Matts4313

1 hour ago, quiller said:

OH I am very critical of how that ending was handled. But NOT of the run call.   I just hate that they wasted so much time.  They had time to hurry up run a quick hitting pass play,  run the ball if needed to get to the right hash then call time out...

If getting a first down on either play Clock the ball.. run to the right hash TO hit FG....  

all of those were legitimate options.  Instead choas and indecision reigned and I think and they got lucky. 

Oh....ok. Must of misunderstood you somewhere. I don't have a problem with the run play.

Guys, it’s NOT easy being a cowboys fan.  Somehow even in game we win I can’t help but be befuddled by the incompetence of the team.  It’s amazing how many third and longs we give up routinely.  We force a punt with a chance to score at the end of the half… nah, we commit a personal foul.  I don’t know if it’s coaching or what but this team cannot get out of its way.  It’s like they try to making winning as hard as possible.  Even at the end of the game… of course it had come down to a 56 yard fg.  

The only saving grace is despite being completely underwhelming on defense, at least they force TOs.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Guys, it’s NOT easy being a cowboys fan.  Somehow even in game we win I can’t help but be befuddled by the incompetence of the team.  It’s amazing how many third and longs we give up routinely.  We force a punt with a chance to score at the end of the half… nah, we commit a personal foul.  I don’t know if it’s coaching or what but this team cannot get out of its way.  It’s like they try to making winning as hard as possible.  Even at the end of the game… of course it had come down to a 56 yard fg.  

The only saving grace is despite being completely underwhelming on defense, at least they force TOs.  

For defense, I think we will probably just have to be happy if they can be like the 2009 Saints defense, which was not good at all, but forced more than two turnovers per game, giving a dominant offense just enough.

The offensive and special teams miscues, however, need to end.

1 hour ago, romo2bryant said:

don't know if it's possible, but get out of the Zeke and Jaylon contract and allocate all funds to the defensive line please and thank you.

If we get rid of those two plus Tanks contract we would be adding like ~$50m/yr in cap space. You can afford almost an entirely new defense for that $$.

Edited by Matts4313