Raiders file complaint to league regarding dirty hits on WR Hunter Renfrow

RaidersAreOne

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Sounded like sarcasm, just making sure

It was sarcasm in regards to the immense hatred that goodell and payton feel towards each other since bountygate not to the bountygate punishments themselves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If CJGJ delivered those cheap shots…if they were pointed out to me I’d be really nervous about his availability for future games. It would catch my eye. 

Has a player ever been suspended for shoving?

Honestly, even as a Raider fan and some bias that comes along with that, I don't see anything in that video that I would even say warrants a flag, forget about an official complaint to the league. 

I'm trying to think back to past games and remember if I have ever thought that Renfrow took more aggressive shots, cheap shots, etc. And none really come to mind. I may be missing some, even some big ones, but I'm drawing a blank if so. 

Honestly I thought Amari Cooper was targeted and often got a lot of cheap shots or excessive contact during his time in Oakland. I know that is something I used to notice in a game here or there. I can't think of any with Renfrow. 

I do want to re-watch the game and see if any others stick out. But if that video is the worst of it, I don't really understand what the formal complaint is about or hopes to achieve. 

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What am I looking for? Is there something dirty in this play? I feel like I'm missing something...

Do you know Renfrow is #13 at the bottom of the screen that ends up around the 48 yard line and not the RB that got a dump off pass ~20 yards away?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Bro if you showed me a clip of CJG doing this to McCaffrey, or Jenkins to Julio, or Lattimore to Evans I would be laughing my *** off. Wouldn't you?

So your defense of the hits is "how would you feel if it was your team against your rival"? Yeah, that would change everyone's opinion because of bias. Just like this changes yours since they are your #2 team this year.

I don't know what led up to each dirty hit, maybe he did some shady blocking the play before on each player. There certainly needs to be context. No one play screams anything but if you include multiple hits after plays to a guys head it certainly has to be looked at to see if it is retaliation or something else going on like a bounty for some reason. It certainly looks shady but lacks important info.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

So your defense of the hits is "how would you feel if it was your team against your rival"? Yeah, that would change everyone's opinion because of bias. Just like this changes yours since they are your #2 team this year.

If you see your team doing it and you're OK with them doing it then it's OK for every team to do the same. That's my point.

Most fans wouldn't care if their DBs and LBers knocked a player down multiple times in a game, it is football after all.

Edited by Dome

11 minutes ago, Dome said:

If you see your team doing it and you're OK with them doing it then it's OK for every team to do the same. That's my point.

Most fans wouldn't care if their DBs and LBers knocked a player down multiple times in a game, it is football after all.

So if I think what Myles Garrett did was fine since he was on my team that is the scale we should use?

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

So if I think what Myles Garrett did was fine since he was on my team that is the scale we should use?

Holy strawman. I said nothing like this lol.

That should be the scale YOU use.

I'm saying if you think what Myles Garrett (or Chauncey Gardner Johnson in my hypothetical) is fine cause he's on your team, you shouldn't care if other players do the same. I'm not saying that you're automatically right for it.

So like if I or another Saints fan sees CGJ knocking McCaffrey on his *** four times in a game and think it's funny, it would be lame to come to Renfrow's defense in the same situation.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

My defense against the hits that have been shown is that these hits happen every single game.

and im not sure where you get that the ravens are my second team this year lol

Edited by Dome