Raiders file complaint to league regarding dirty hits on WR Hunter Renfrow

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Dome said:

Right, for sure. I said there should’ve been a flag.

And to piggyback off this, we've established (and discussed AT BEYOND-LENGTH) that the referees in the NFL are terribad.  So, perhaps, you know... just an idea here, Raiders... you file your formal complaint with regard to the referees being crap at their job and not throwing flags rather than making inflammatory accusations of a particular team's unit or player.  Just a thought.  The use of the word "dirty" is already massively abused by fans, we don't need teams and organizations abusing it, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

And to piggyback off this, we've established (and discussed AT BEYOND-LENGTH) that the referees in the NFL are terribad.  So, perhaps, you know... just an idea here, Raiders... you file your formal complaint with regard to the referees being crap at their job and not throwing flags rather than making inflammatory accusations of a particular team's unit or player.  Just a thought.  The use of the word "dirty" is already massively abused by fans, we don't need teams and organizations abusing it, too.

The truth and facts would be considered inflammatory these days....

I agree, the refs sucked. They missed numerous holding calls left and right all night on Villanueva too. 

But it doesn't negate that Humphrey and Queen played like some punks and Renfrow still had their number.

• Like 1

I'm a Raider fan and Queen hit I saw nah...The shove by CB happens and it's why we loved Ravens/Steelers games on TV. Football can get a little rough and dirty. Renfow is going to be tested because of how he looks. Like a guy walking down the street that you wouldn't even notice. Yet he balls, does his job and gets the job done. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes, because this group of Ravens DB's was around when Hines Ward was cheap shotting people....

Same ownership, though, who took back Ray Rice with open arms and supported Ray Lewis after he likely murdered a guy. Culture starts at the top.

26 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I think the real elephant in the room is the fact that Hunter Renfrow is a better player than (draft bust?) Patrick Queen and that his only recourse to try to slow down Renfrow is to be a dirty player.

Patrick Queen had a 29.7 pff grade last year. He put up pretty good stats but overall his presence there hurt them.

How do you think a guy that has been highly touted his football life feels when he knows he can't hang with a dude that looks like his accountant?

14 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

but if the film shows players cheap shoting Rentfrow more than those two times the suspension would be for targeting and not shoving someone. 

Is there precedent for suspension on players who decide to knock someone down whenever they get the chance?

Lets say we find twice as many clips as we have in the thread, let’s say the ravens knocked renfrow down 4 times when they didn’t need to. You can adjust this to the number of knockdowns you feel would require the NFL to step in.

“Targeting” is defined already, but not in the way you’re using it. So what is the suspension going to be for?