Injury Tracker

Turnobili

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That's a massive gap in terms of speed, Ruggs is arguably the fastest player in the NFL. And Carr has had his most productive seasons after we traded Cooper. Dallas gave up a 1st round pick and paid him, has that helped them win more games?

Right don't forget the part where they drafted another receiver in the first round(in a loaded receiver draft I might add) in the very same off-season that they paid him 20 million when they had obvious needs on Defense. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Sure, but they'd would be a lot BETTER if they didn't whiff on all the draft capital. 5 first round picks including 4 overall and they walked away with zero impact players. 

Would Hardly call Jacobs zero impact, Abram is also turning it around with Bradley, Ruggs just helped us win vs Pitt. I’ll give you Ferrell, and Arnette is struggling. Got to take the good with the bad, we’ve nailed some mid round picks. No one bats 1.000, and the jury is still out on a bunch of guys. You yourself have ragged Abram and didn’t give him a chance, but he’s been one of our better players on D IMO, guys improve/figure things out. Main thing is we’re playing good ball right now and still have cap flexibility going into next offseason. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Would Hardly call Jacobs zero impact, Abram is also turning it around with Bradley, Ruggs just helped us win vs Pitt. I’ll give you Ferrell, and Arnette is struggling. Got to take the good with the bad, we’ve nailed some mid round picks. No one bats 1.000, and the jury is still out on a bunch of guys. You yourself have ragged Abram and didn’t give him a chance, but he’s been one of our better players on D IMO, guys improve/figure things out. Main thing is we’re playing good ball right now and still have cap flexibility going into next offseason. 

This is the more accurate analysis of the 5 first round picks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Sure, but they'd would be a lot BETTER if they didn't whiff on all the draft capital. 5 first round picks including 4 overall and they walked away with zero impact players. 

Like others have said - I wouldn’t say zero impact players. I would say zero blue chip players. And with that amount of capital, especially the early picks, they should have landed at least one elite player. 

I know you have also advocated using high picks to trade for already established players. And again, with that capital, we could’ve been more creative and ended up with better then we got.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Like others have said - I wouldn’t say zero impact players. I would say zero blue chip players. And with that amount of capital, especially the early picks, they should have landed at least one elite player. 

I know you have also advocated using high picks to trade for already established players. And again, with that capital, we could’ve been more creative and ended up with better then we got.

Josh Jacobs is good but he's always injured and David Montgomery has produced at an identical rate for the Bears as a third round pick. Ferrell and Arnette were two complete wastes of draft picks, dudes aren't even good enough to play a small role for us. Abram has been a pleasant surprise this season and I still believe in Ruggs. 

During the 2018 draft it was pretty clear that Ferrell wasn't worth the #4 pick especially with Brian Burns, Montez Sweat, and Josh Allen sitting on the board. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right don't forget the part where they drafted another receiver in the first round(in a loaded receiver draft I might add) in the very same off-season that they paid him 20 million when they had obvious needs on Defense. 

Jerry Jones is entering his Al Davis era, dude is just completely clueless when it comes to building a winning team. Cooper is good but he's not $20M per year good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

they took the BPA and the early returns on that pick have been outstanding. the cooper contract is bad, but i cant hate the Lamb pick

12 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

they took the BPA and the early returns on that pick have been outstanding. the cooper contract is bad, but i cant hate the Lamb pick

Drafting Lamb also put the Cowboys in position to move on from Cooper following this season if they want too. He only has $6M in dead cap next year and $4M in dead cap the following year. Lamb looks poised to be one of the better receivers in the NFL but it was a luxury pick for them, their defense has a long ways to go.

15 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Richie, Teamer, Leavitt out this week - time for Gillespie to get some run as the 3rd safety

Jacobs doubtful - another week for Drake/Barber to try to do something behind a makeshift OL that hasn't been able to run block

Thankfully Miami has one of the worst run defenses in the league. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Drafting Lamb also put the Cowboys in position to move on from Cooper following this season if they want too. He only has $6M in dead cap next year and $4M in dead cap the following year. Lamb looks poised to be one of the better receivers in the NFL but it was a luxury pick for them, their defense has a long ways to go.

a team's needs and apparent holes change so much over the course of 1-2 years though. spend early picks on studs. use FA to fill holes. a guy on a rookie deal will be there for 4-5 years minimum. you cant reasonably project needs 3-4 years out. just have the best guys.

thats why i hated being pigeonholed into taking a tackle in the first this year. we didnt address our holes in FA, so we had to draft for need rather than BPA. 

realistically, there's always some balancing between need and BPA, but our pick was heavily biased toward need this year, more than years past. i really liked edge guys like Phillips and Ojulari (he fell way more than I thought he would), or even taking a gamble on Farley. but once it was clear we were locked into tackle i had my fingers crossed on Darrisaw/Jenkins. hope leatherwood proves me wrong

Edited by Turnobili

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jerry Jones is entering his Al Davis era, dude is just completely clueless when it comes to building a winning team. Cooper is good but he's not $20M per year good.

Think about it: they assessed that a receiver was the missing link. Went to the playoffs because the rest of their division sucked. Didn't even make it to the NFC championship(which is the expectation when you feel like you're one player way).

They come back the next year and they don't even make the playoffs(with the cherry on top being the fact that they benched Cooper on the last game of the season against the division rival for who goes to the playoffs).

Then after benching him they pay him 20 million(probably because they give a first rounder for him so now they kind of have to pay them or else they just wasted a first round pick for no reason). Then two months later draft a receiver in the first round in a draft that was known for having receivers that could be starters all the way down into the third round. 

What people say we (who were not one player away) should've kept him

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thankfully Miami has one of the worst run defenses in the league. 

yeah, they were shaky against the run last year.

Damien Harris had a big 35 yard run on them, but otherwise he had 22 carries for 65 yards, so they looked a bit improved there in week 1, but then yeah, buffalo run all over them.

i just dont know that we'll be able to take advantage of that with this iteration of our OL... and a plodder like Barber. last year jacobs played well against them but was sick and getting IVs i think. waller was putting up yards at will, though.

Edited by Turnobili

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

a team's needs and apparent holes change so much over the course of 1-2 years though. spend early picks on studs. use FA to fill holes. a guy on a rookie deal will be there for 4-5 years minimum. you cant reasonably project needs 3-4 years out. just have the best guys.

thats why i hated being pigeonholed into taking a tackle in the first this year. we didnt address our holes in FA, so we had to draft for need rather than BPA. 

realistically, there's always some balancing between need and BPA, but our pick was heavily biased toward need this year, more than years past. i really liked edge guys like Phillips and Ojulari (he fell way more than I thought he would), or even taking a gamble on Farley. but once it was clear we were locked into tackle i had my fingers crossed on Darrisaw/Jenkins. hope leatherwood proves me wrong

Yeah that is true, I'd more or less always prefer to go after OL/DL in the first round. The Cowboys drafting Lamb also means they can move on from Cooper essentially whenever they want. 

And yeah we've done that in each of the last 3 drafts, in 2019 it was clear we had a huge hole at DE, in 2020 it was clear we had huge holes at WR/CB, and last year we desperately needed an OT. Phillips was my man crush in the draft last year, dude is a freak. I also think we were hesitant to go CB early because we wanted to give Arnette a chance this season. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Think about it: they assessed that a receiver was the missing link. Went to the playoffs because the rest of their division sucked. Didn't even make it to the NFC championship(which is the expectation when you feel like you're one player way).

They come back the next year and they don't even make the playoffs(with the cherry on top being the fact that they benched Cooper on the last game of the season against the division rival for who goes to the playoffs).

Then after benching him they pay him 20 million(probably because they give a first rounder for him so now they kind of have to pay them or else they just wasted a first round pick for no reason). Then two months later draft a receiver in the first round in a draft that was known for having receivers that could be starters all the way down into the third round. 

What people say we (who were not one player away) should've kept him

I think the Lamb pick was literally so they can move on from Cooper in the next year or two.