Anthony Richardson is the best pro QB prospect in college football right now regardless of class...

VanS

On 10/2/2021 at 8:01 PM, VanS said:

He doesn't have the physical tools to be an elite NFL QB.  Too small.  Arm too weak.  Not that athletic.

Ok rip on a kid that has been absolutely surgical at QB, amazing ability to keep his eyes downfield when he scrambles and make accurate on time throws which are usually right on the money.  He is part of a Bama team with a worse offensive line than last year, worse starting RB, and a much worse WR core as well with no DeVonta Smith or Waddle.  Yet Young has looked pretty damn good I would say....

Instead hype a guy who barely played against Kentucky in a loss for Florida?  There is a reason for that, maybe he is still hurt but if he is so great why is he still not on the field consistently as the starter?  Sure Bryce Young is frail looking and not very thick physically but look at Teddy Bridgewater, the dude is frail as hell and almost literally lost his le because of a previous injury in the NFL, and he is still in the NFL and starting at QB zero reason why Bryce Young cannot start and succeed in the NFL from what he has show already as a true sophomore.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:23 AM, scar988 said:

Kind of like Russell Wilson?

Or Baker Mayfield?

Or Kyler Murray?

Or Drew Brees?

Russell Wilson is an elite athlete with a rocket arm.  Same with Kyler.  A guy who I was very high on before the 2019 draft.

Baker Mayfield is not a good QB.  He's benefitting right now from being on a loaded team like Jared Goff on the 2017 and 2018 Rams.  If the Browns are dumb enough to pay him $40 mil/year then we'll see the real Baker Mayfield emerge as he will no longer have a loaded roster hiding his flaws.

Drew Brees is the only outlier you mentioned.  And like I said before betting on every QB who lacks elite physical tools to be the next Drew Brees is a losing proposition.  

• Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 4:25 PM, Ozzy said:

Ok rip on a kid that has been absolutely surgical at QB, amazing ability to keep his eyes downfield when he scrambles and make accurate on time throws which are usually right on the money.  He is part of a Bama team with a worse offensive line than last year, worse starting RB, and a much worse WR core as well with no DeVonta Smith or Waddle.  Yet Young has looked pretty damn good I would say....

Instead hype a guy who barely played against Kentucky in a loss for Florida?  There is a reason for that, maybe he is still hurt but if he is so great why is he still not on the field consistently as the starter?  Sure Bryce Young is frail looking and not very thick physically but look at Teddy Bridgewater, the dude is frail as hell and almost literally lost his le because of a previous injury in the NFL, and he is still in the NFL and starting at QB zero reason why Bryce Young cannot start and succeed in the NFL from what he has show already as a true sophomore.

If you want to draft another Teddy Bridgewater then go ahead.  I actually think that is a good comp for Bryce Young.   Bridgewater was a QB I was never high on.

I'd rather draft the next Josh Allen or Trey Lance.  QBs with elite physical tools. 

43 minutes ago, VanS said:

If you want to draft another Teddy Bridgewater then go ahead.  I actually think that is a good comp for Bryce Young.   Bridgewater was a QB I was never high on.

I'd rather draft the next Josh Allen or Trey Lance.  QBs with elite physical tools. 

Anthony Richardson is Josh Allen?  Is that a ******* joke?  Not even sure he is Trey Lance either because Lance showed at his pro day he has an extremely talented and powerful throwing arm, not sure Richardson has shown that at all yet this year but will see once he actually plays consistently.  Sure Bryce Young could be Teddy Bridgewater worst case scenario, best case more like Steve Young potentially.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Anthony Richardson is Josh Allen?  Is that a ******* joke?  Not even sure he is Trey Lance either because Lance showed at his pro day he has an extremely talented and powerful throwing arm, not sure Richardson has shown that at all yet this year but will see once he actually plays consistently.  Sure Bryce Young could be Teddy Bridgewater worst case scenario, best case more like Steve Young potentially.  

You are comparing a sophomore QB to a guy we already know is an elite QB, and another guy we we know was drafted in the top 3. I don’t think that VanS is implying at Richardson will be good as those guys…I think he’s just comparing them in regards to tools. And it is a very fair comparison. And saying that Bryce Young’s floor is Teddy Bridgewater is an absolute joke. 

• Like 4

I was on this board a couple of days ago talking about AR15 as a passer, the reality is that we haven't seen enough to evaluate him as a passer. I went and watched his highlights from the game against USF and from that small sample size, you can see that if given the opportunity he could be just as lethal as a passer as he is a runner. He seems to have a nice over the top throwing motion and throws a tight spiral. In that game he had a play where he rolled right, stopped, rolled back to his left and uncorked a beauty of a pass with a guy in his face. There are nfl qb's that can't make that throw. Like many of you have said,  we don't know how good he'll be or if he'll be good at all. We've seen 5 star recruits flame out just as quickly as 1st round quarterbacks in the NFL. Early indications lead me to believe he'll be a good one.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:59 PM, simonjr7 said:

I like what I've seen from Richardson. It's obvious he has elite physical tools. That said, I haven't seen enough from him as a passer. I want to see how he looks when he has to throw the ball 30 times or more

I think we all do. But barring an injury to Emory Jones, Mullen's egotistical, stubborn arse likely isn't going to let that happen.

On 10/7/2021 at 5:15 PM, Ozzy said:

I think Bridgewater is Bryce Young's best case scenario.   That's why I said it was a great comp.  And yes Richardson is not on the level of Josh Allen or even Trey Lance as a prospect.  However, he does have elite physical tools.  And I only highlighted Allen and Lance as examples of the type of QB I would draft rather than saying Richardson was as good as them.

To me Anthony Richardson is a Daunte Culpepper clone.  I compared Trey Lance to Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb.  While I said Josh Allen was Dan Marino with mobility before the 2018 draft.  Obviously a mobile Marino is on another level compared to McNair/McNabb who similarly were better than Daunte Culpepper. 

8 hours ago, VanS said:

I think Bridgewater is Bryce Young's best case scenario.   That's why I said it was a great comp.  And yes Richardson is not on the level of Josh Allen or even Trey Lance as a prospect.  However, he does have elite physical tools.  And I only highlighted Allen and Lance as examples of the type of QB I would draft rather than saying Richardson was as good as them.

To me Anthony Richardson is a Daunte Culpepper clone.  I compared Trey Lance to Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb.  While I said Josh Allen was Dan Marino with mobility before the 2018 draft.  Obviously a mobile Marino is on another level compared to McNair/McNabb who similarly were better than Daunte Culpepper. 

Who was your comparison for Josh Dobbs? 

• Like 1

Richardson finally got his chance today and confirmed what I thought. He has a ways to go in terms of reads and decision making, but he's a great talent. He'll make some mistakes characteristic of a young QB, but he's also going to make a ton of plays. Hopefully, Mullen is finally going to roll with him as the starter. He was the only reason the game was close. The interception put the nail in the coffin, but that doesn't overshadow him leading us to four TDs on five second half drives.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Richardson finally got his chance today and confirmed what I thought. He has a ways to go in terms of reads and decision making, but he's a great talent. He'll make some mistakes characteristic of a young QB, but he's also going to make a ton of plays. Hopefully, Mullen is finally going to roll with him as the starter. He was the only reason the game was close. The interception put the nail in the coffin, but that doesn't overshadow him leading us to four TDs on five second half drives.

Yup. Obviously when you're a gadget QB, you're not going to get the necessary playing time to make progress in terms of reading a defense and decision making. He's still clearly farther along in doing both of those things than Jones, though. Too bad Mullen is perhaps the most stubborn man in college football. The season for UF is lost now, so now is the time to knock out AR15's growing pains so the team can make a legitimate run with him next year, because that's prooooooobably going to be the final year that UF has his services. 

• Like 1