Anthony Richardson is the best pro QB prospect in college football right now regardless of class...

VanS

7 hours ago, VanS said:

Premature?  How is projecting NFL talent ever premature?  You can choose to disagree with it.  And future can prove it to be false.  But saying a college player is the best prospect is never premature.  In fact, the earlier you make a correct prediction when it comes to talent evaluation the better.  Just think of it this way.  Who looks smarter?  The guy who said Joe Burrow was the best QB prospect in college in 2018 when no one else was saying it or in 2019 when everyone was saying it? 

I think that people who make decisions based on looking smarter than everyone else, especially when it comes to something like football prospects, are more likely to end up looking the fool over the course of time. 

Calling someone the best NFL QB prospect in college when they were a backup with 11 career passes and 11 career rushing attempts on an SEC team against inferior competition is the definition of premature. Anthony Richardson could end up being the greatest NFL QB of all time and this thread would still be an asinine take based not on actual football evaluation but off the idea of "looking smart" and attempting to attain some form of clout. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 4:32 AM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think that people who make decisions based on looking smarter than everyone else, especially when it comes to something like football prospects, are more likely to end up looking the fool over the course of time. 

You act as though being the first mover isn't a huge advantage.   Obviously we're just posting on the internet for fun.  But in the real world there is an advantage to being ahead of the curve.   Just look at the story of former Florida QB Kyle Trask.  He wasn't even a starter in high school.  No major program other than Florida recruited him.  He ended up becoming a great college QB and 2nd round NFL draft pick.

According to your logic the Florida coaches were never smart of identifying him as a elite prospect before everyone else then benefitting from that first mover advantage years down the road.

It's never premature to identify elite talent.  In fact the earlier you can see it the better.  

35 minutes ago, VanS said:

You act as though being the first mover isn't a huge advantage.   Obviously we're just posting on the internet for fun.  But in the real world there is an advantage to being ahead of the curve.   Just look at the story of former Florida QB Kyle Trask.  He wasn't even a starter in high school.  No major program other than Florida recruited him.  He ended up becoming a great college QB and 2nd round NFL draft pick.

According to your logic the Florida coaches were never smart of identifying him as a elite prospect before everyone else then benefitting from that first mover advantage years down the road.

It's never premature to identify elite talent.  In fact the earlier you can see it the better.  

I think there's a difference between experienced coaches & recruiters being paid 6-7 figures per year to build a winner in the SEC and someone on the internet who watched a few passes and runs on ABC while sitting on his couch eating cheetos. There's also a stark difference between evaluating a high school prospect, bringing him into your program, and developing him vs someone on the internet posting a thread after 11 career passes and 11 career runs saying that a player is the best pro QB prospect in college football right now regardless of class. One is a team of people who have legitimate qualifications and are doing this as part of their livelihood and reputation. The other is a single person who admits he just wants to look smart in front of a few hundred people on the internet.  One is a legitimate evaluation and development of a player and one is a disingenuous farce. 

• Like 3

On 12/8/2021 at 3:15 PM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think there's a difference between experienced coaches & recruiters being paid 6-7 figures per year to build a winner in the SEC and someone on the internet who watched a few passes and runs on ABC while sitting on his couch eating cheetos. There's also a stark difference between evaluating a high school prospect, bringing him into your program, and developing him vs someone on the internet posting a thread after 11 career passes and 11 career runs saying that a player is the best pro QB prospect in college football right now regardless of class. One is a team of people who have legitimate qualifications and are doing this as part of their livelihood and reputation. The other is a single person who admits he just wants to look smart in front of a few hundred people on the internet.  One is a legitimate evaluation and development of a player and one is a disingenuous farce. 

True.  But if I keep being right then maybe there might be something to my theories.  That's all.

54 minutes ago, VanS said:

True.  But if I keep being right then maybe there might be something to my theories.  That's all.

Josh Dobbs says otherwise. I want to help you be the best you that you can be. Let’s get there together. I will ride with you on this self discovery journey but you can’t be afraid to address your failures as well. You can sweep them under the rug but they will continue to pile up. Turning a mole hill under the rug into a mountain. Let me be your personal Sherpa through life over that mountain. I’m here for you. Let our trek begin. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

His HS class.  Unless I misread it and it said he was the top ranked player in the Buckeyes recruiting class.

2 5 stars and some 4 stars ranked ahead of him in Ohio States 2020 class and the 7th ranked player in the state of Arizona and 16th ranked Pro Style QB in the nation. 

• Like 1