Ravens LT Ronnie Stanley out this week and possibly “far longer”

.Buzz

Spoiler

Jim Harbaugh => h__ s____

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

This could not come at worse timing with Frank Clark coming back this week and the ravens having given us Orlando Brown and Lamar starting to take heat from more of the public and going against Mahomes.

This is basically do or die for the Ravens. Harbaugh’s job is on the line this weekend whether ravens fans realize it or not. 

☺️🥰😍

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Lamar Jackson: Hasn't even had a bad season yet

Browns fans: "He's in a bad situation and therefore all failures fall on his lack of actually being a good QB"

Also Browns fans: "Baker Mayfield's crappy 2019 was based on his circumstances and should be ignored"

Flat out lie, the difference between Browns fans and you guys is we actually hold Baker accountable for his shortcomings (go look in our forum) while you all look the other way. I dare you to say otherwise....

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kirill said:

This could not come at worse timing with Frank Clark coming back this week and the ravens having given us Orlando Brown and Lamar starting to take heat from more of the public and going against Mahomes.

This is basically do or die for the Ravens. Harbaugh’s job is on the line this weekend whether ravens fans realize it or not. 

family-guy-brian-griffin.gif

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Flat out lie, the difference between Browns fans and you guys is we actually hold Baker accountable for his shortcomings (go look in our forum) while you all look the other way. I dare you to say otherwise....

Stop calling me a Ravens fan, tbh

I just like Lamar

16 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Agreed, pretty messed up that more Ravens fans aren't willing to do the courageous and righteous thing and hold Lamar accountable for... checks notes... half the team ending up on IR by Week 2. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Soggust said:

I mean, I agree with the premise of your post but 2018 was objectively bad. 

Taking over a 5-6 team and going 6-1 is objectively bad? 

His passing efficiency was *slightly below average* and he transformed a bottom-5 rushing attack to a dominant, 200-yards per game unit. 

How is that "objectively bad"?

16 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Plenty of Ravens discuss aspects of Lamar's game that could use improvement on the Ravens forum.

No sense doing it in the general forum though, because there are such biased Lamar haters that most work needs to be done educating and correcting ignorant morons. 

Is your expectation that Lamar should be the perfect player? The ability to read the field like Brady, with the athleticism of Gayle Sayers? As far as his accomplishments, the youngest MVP since Jim Brown, and the 2nd only unanimous MVP with Brady, I think he's just a bit more accomplished than Baker so far. Excuse us for not flooding the forum with criticism of a player who gets plenty of hate. 

40 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Taking over a 5-6 team and going 6-1 is objectively bad? 

His passing efficiency was *slightly below average* and he transformed a bottom-5 rushing attack to a dominant, 200-yards per game unit. 

How is that "objectively bad"?

58.23%      238.5 ALL-PURPOSE YPG       9:7 TOTAL TD/TO  (20:16 per 16)

That's objectively bad, idc how many games his team won.

I'll give him some credit for improving the run game -  Ravens as a team improved about ~20 total YPG after he took over. But I'm not gonna ignore reality and suggest that makes up for the obvious flaws he had that year. 

Crazy how quickly things can go from having one of the better OT Bookend duos and a strong OLine overall, to...this calamity.  I don't really know what they were supposed to do about it.  Orlando wanted out, and you obviously can't promise him LT snaps, because you're obviously not expecting Stanley to miss significant time again.  But eeesh, that depth can erode quickly in this league.

4 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Agreed, pretty messed up that more Ravens fans aren't willing to do the courageous and righteous thing and hold Lamar accountable for... checks notes... half the team ending up on IR by Week 2. 

Thank you. Someone needed to say this. Lamar improvising all the time has got to be hell on the musculoskeletal system of his linemen especially. That said, in practice against the Baltimore defense he's probably leading to excessive wear and tear (to players like Marcus Peters? 🤔). I wonder if someone can put together a spreadsheet with the difference by position of injuries to Baltimore Ravens players before and after Lamar. That'd be interesting.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

No sense doing it in the general forum though, because there are such biased Lamar haters that most work needs to be done educating and correcting ignorant morons. 

You'll notice that if one side is more objective that the other side will do the same.

If one side sticks to their guns and won't speak objectively the other side usually won't either and it becomes "this is a flaw" "no it isn't" "exaggeration" "exaggeration" and nothing gets accomplished and there is no meaningful conversation.

Also calling those that don't agree with what you feel "ignorant morons" also doesn't help move the conversation along.

6 hours ago, Soggust said:

58.23%      238.5 ALL-PURPOSE YPG       9:7 TOTAL TD/TO  (20:16 per 16)

That's objectively bad, idc how many games his team won.

I'll give him some credit for improving the run game -  Ravens as a team improved about ~20 total YPG after he took over. But I'm not gonna ignore reality and suggest that makes up for the obvious flaws he had that year. 

No offense but I think you might have some counting issues

Ravens rush totals pre-Lamar:

Rush totals post-Lamar:

I don't mean to be rude, but did you graduate high school? If you think that's ~20 yards per game, your teachers did you rotten.