If Zimmer and Spielman Go...

It's still early but the coordinator market is not as hot as normal this year either.  KC Eric Bienemy, Joe Brady and Ravens Martindale stock is down. Leftwich might wait and become the HC in waiting for tampa. So teams main options will be for Kellen Moore, Brian Daboll and 1 surprise coach who rises late in the season. Both Daboll and Moore are on talent loaded offenses.   I personally see Vikings keeping Zim/Speilman  until this Kirk contract ends next season then start era with New HC/New GM/Mond or Draft QB/Jefferson.  

Edited by dc_vikingfan

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

While I’m not really interested in hiring another defensive minded head coach, Todd Bowles deserves a second chance at the position. 

I wouldn't mind him either. If he takes the aggressiveness offense mentality he seen from Arians with him.  Jets while not talented always played hard for him.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

With a new coaching staff, its likely that they won't see themselves tied to Kellen Mond after the Cousins era is over.

At that point, it would be a wasted pick that may not be salvageable.

Any regime, current, or future, shouldn't be tied to any pick. Every pick, good or bad, is sunk cost.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

Any regime, current, or future, shouldn't be tied to any pick. Every pick, good or bad, is sunk cost.

I agree, but it does seem that some teams, at least a few years ago, went about their business that way.

I thought that was the case with Nagy and Trubisky, but Chicago was able to win in spite of Trubisky, saving Nagy.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

With a new coaching staff, its likely that they won't see themselves tied to Kellen Mond after the Cousins era is over.

At that point, it would be a wasted pick that may not be salvageable.

Well when Cousins gets extended after this season, that’s kinda gonna be the result anyway. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Do you think Cousins would go the Brady route and take a pay cut to help the team out?  They've already given him a lot and he's making that Pizza Ranch money on the side lol.

I would love to get a hometown discount, but I highly, highly doubt it. Besides, I don’t think Kirk has a wife that makes Gisele like money.