Post Game Thoughts

11sanchez11

Greetings Cardinals fans!  I just wanted to come in here and congratulate you guys on a great game against the Vikings yesterday.  I watched the game with my dad and it was one of the best games I've seen in a long time.  I have to say that I have a newfound respect for Kyler Murray after seeing him play for the first time.  That guy is GOOD!

• Like 1

from gm 1:

our dline is so good. watt and chandler obviously were destroying but rashard lawrence got in the backfield 2x (tho nothing came of them), fotu manhandled the RG on one play, peters is always solid v the run, dogbe got a nice hustle tackle on henry

simmons is playing all over the field, looked like he got 2 snaps at outside corner when the titans went to 3 TEs sets, has been mostly playing olb so far with zaven and hicks in at mlb, obvi he plays MLB for most of the rest of the gm after. 

bmurph got a great diving pbu on 3rd 

zaven is really aggressive v the run, attacking hard, got the assist on watt's tfl

pass blocking has been great but kyler loves running out of the pocket for no reason lol 

kliff has used a bunch of different sets already, went 3 TEs a couple of times. tho darrel daniels sucks, we should trade for a real blocking TE.

i wonder why they stopped playing zaven, he has been really good in the 1st quarter. 

simmons in the slot v chester rogers (#3 WR) and plays great coverage 1v1. on chandler's 3rd sack, tannehill was looking there and there was nothing  

vallejo tipped a punt and almost got another one

i think josh jones got subbed out after he false started, for winters, which is a weird thing to do to a starting OL

Zaven got cooked by a TE on an angle type route, similar to Simmons last year v Mostert but it was v a backup slow TE lol. Budda broke up the pass in the endzone tho

Fotu is manhandling dudes in the run game

Goal line D has all 4 MLBs in it. Vallejo, Zaven, Hicks, IS. Zaven is basically an OLB in the formation

DJ Hump played awesome, didn't give up a pressure and played solid in the run gm

(will get to gm 2 as i rewatch throughout the week)

• Like 1

Gm 2:

Kyler has made two terrible reads on options. 1st was a fake screen on one side where the MLB went to it and the DE crashed hard on the rb leaving Kyler wide open for a big run but he handed it off to Chase who got ran down by the crashing DE. 2nd one the DE sat on the option and Kyler kept it and just fell down cause there was nowhere to go. 

On 9/20/2021 at 12:27 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

vallejo tipped a punt and almost got another one

i think josh jones got subbed out after he false started, for winters, which is a weird thing to do to a starting OL

Tanner Vallejo has consistently been their best core special teamer since he's been with the team. Didn't he block some kicks or punts a year or two ago, too?

Justin Murray was the starting RG week one, slid over to RT when Beachum went down. Jones came in at RG, after penalties were already ridiculous for the team as a whole in week 1, don't blame Kliff for pulling Jones out and putting Winters in. Especially when reports had Josh Jones and Brian Winters on basically the same level in the battle for the RG spot. 

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Justin Murray was the starting RG week one, slid over to RT when Beachum went down. Jones came in at RG, after penalties were already ridiculous for the team as a whole in week 1, don't blame Kliff for pulling Jones out and putting Winters in. Especially when reports had Josh Jones and Brian Winters on basically the same level in the battle for the RG spot. 

Jones def started at RG week 1. He has played 114 of 130 snaps so far this year, Winters has played the other 16. Tho I think he only got like 3 last gm because he was in on the 4th down run and blocked no one iirc. He blew it cause he sucks and didn't get back in. 

run defense did better with Simmons at MLB, Zaven and Hicks are all over the place (meaning over pursuing). on that big kirk run both mlbs went to cover dalvin, couldn't tell what the coverage was, right side played man but left side played zone. i think Hicks messed it up. hicks hasn't done anything this year but zaven is playing too aggressive