EDGE rushers

lark25

On 3/10/2022 at 12:44 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

He quietly should have stayed in school, he does have talent but he needs to bulk up and put more physical play on film, way too finesse to be a day 1 starter in the NFL

But then he wouldn’t have Hutchinson on the other side from him. Hutchinson is going to make him some money this year. 

I prefer Ojabo to Gary, but I do agree that people are overeating him on what he could be. I would be comfortable with a late 1st there and like him as a player but there's a lot of work and projection.

Talk of him being better than Hutchinson is nonsense

4 minutes ago, lark25 said:

I prefer Ojabo to Gary, but I do agree that people are overeating him on what he could be. I would be comfortable with a late 1st there and like him as a player but there's a lot of work and projection.

Talk of him being better than Hutchinson is nonsense

As prospect or now?

Just now, CWood21 said:

As prospect or now?

As a prospect. As others have said hes not well rounded enough, there's too much projection. I think he will be a decent to good pass rusher and would happily draft him, but I feel pretty confident in Hutchinson hitting the ground running as a good run defender and pass rusher

Just now, lark25 said:

As a prospect. As others have said hes not well rounded enough, there's too much projection. I think he will be a decent to good pass rusher and would happily draft him, but I feel pretty confident in Hutchinson hitting the ground running as a good run defender and pass rusher

That's what I figured, but I also wanted to make sure.  As someone who was on the very pessimistic side of Rashan Gary, or at the very least incredibly cautiously optimistic.  Rashan Gary had elite athletic tools, especially for a guy his size.  Gary tested as well as Ojabo did despite coming in at 25+ pounds heavier.  If Rashan Gary had the college production, we would have been talking about him as a top 2 lock.  Players with athletic tools like Rashan Gary rarely drop in the draft.  Unfortunately for Rashan Gary, the Wolverines didn't do a very good of displaying his pass rush skills and asked him to occupy blockers more then rush the passer.  I do feel like the power of hindsight is almost certainly involved here, but I'd have Rashan Gary over David Ojabo.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Anyone have an opinion on Cameron Thomas?  Insane production but hurt himself at the Combine.

The guy who hurt his hamstring? Literally hurt himself. Don't think he tested at the combine?

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Anyone have an opinion on Cameron Thomas?  Insane production but hurt himself at the Combine.

Outstanding disrupter.  Should go off the board early in the 2nd only because there are  so many other good EDGE player.  He can rush the passer and play the run.  None stop motor.  Would be an outstanding 5 tech for a 3-4(if he gained weight) or 4-3.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Little heavier but more athletic.  Both good run defenders.  Travon has a higher ceiling as a pass rusher.

So is Yetur's slowish start to his career a decent floor to Walker for a comp, where his upside is unique blue chip talent?

52 minutes ago, Trojan said:

So is Yetur's slowish start to his career a decent floor to Walker for a comp, where his upside is unique blue chip talent?

I think Travon has a higher floor as due to versatility.

I think his upside is more athletic Za'Darius Smith.