EDGE rushers

lark25

6 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

He did not play the first half because of a BS targeting call.

Awesome stuff. That clip was wild, seems like the LT was looking elsewhere to start with, completely wrong setup against one of the best pass rushers in cfb.

Number 74 looks terrible, but that get off was great. Not many can close that quickly to really punish that as hard

• 1 month later...

Overreaction: Hutchinson looks like Joey Bosa out there. Man Ojabo is good but Hutchinson just pops out on screen knifing through linemen. He has that rare bend and agility like Bosa plus that timing and hand placement. Looks a bit quicker, not sure if he's as strong as Bosa

9 hours ago, lark25 said:

Overreaction: Hutchinson looks like Joey Bosa out there. Man Ojabo is good but Hutchinson just pops out on screen knifing through linemen. He has that rare bend and agility like Bosa plus that timing and hand placement. Looks a bit quicker, not sure if he's as strong as Bosa

Not an overreaction plus Hutch has a motor that doesn’t quit. No one wants to stop that ball more than him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Not an overreaction plus Hutch has a motor that doesn’t quit. No one wants to stop that ball more than him.

I'd draft Hutchinson before Kayvon to be honest. He is such a wrecking ball and as you mentioned, he has a +++ motor. 
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up better than the Bosa bros. 

1 minute ago, MagicMT said:

I'd draft Hutchinson before Kayvon to be honest. He is such a wrecking ball and as you mentioned, he has a +++ motor. 

Same Hutch has been number one on my board for a while @rackcs knows. He thought I was crazy might still haha

7 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Big call. I think the Bosas are both top 5 edge rushers in the NFL. Being better than that is like top 5 or 10 all time level.

I think he could be comparable perhaps. I remember seeing J Bosa just absolutely wreck college linemen like nothing and see that from Hutchinson too. I do agree motor is underrated. Plenty of dudes with physical tools that just will never want it enough!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lark25 said:

Big call. I think the Bosas are both top 5 edge rushers in the NFL. 

Yup I feel the same. 

5 hours ago, lark25 said:

Being better than that is like top 5 or 10 all time level.

However I don't agree with this. Danielle Hunter to me is better than Joey for sure and at least on par with Nick. 
Is he even going to make the HOF, let alone be talked as one of the all-time greats? 
I think Hutchinson has the potential to be better. Just my opinion, and I know I might just be a prisoner of the moment with the season he's having. 

Edited by MagicMT
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Yeah it seems to be treading that way, unless Kayvon really works out great and Hutchinson does not, would be hard to not pick Hutchinson #1 because as a true DE he has been more productive and dominating in big games than Kayvon but Kayvon could potentially be a better 3/4 OLB than Hutchinson who is probably better in a true 4/3.  And the Lions play a true 3/4 but that could always change as well.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

IMHO, Hutchinson has more technical skill than Chase Young at this point in his career.  Not as good as Myles Garrett.

Hard to say

Chase Young 12 games played, 46 total tackles, 21 TFLs, 16.5 sacks, 3 PDs, 7 forced fumbles and Heisman nomination.

Aidan Hutchinson 13 games played (more to come), 58 total tackles, 15.5 TFLs, 14 sacks, 3 PDs, 2 forced fumbles and Heisman nomination.

Hutchinson had 1 sack, 1 TFL and 2 QB hurries against Iowa but watching the game it seemed like he pressured the QB way more than 2 times.  He was constantly in the backfield it seemed and arrived to the QB very quickly.  So hard to tell but stat wise Young has him beat a little in terms of production with arguably less talent around him.  Ojabo could be a 1st round pick, not sure Zach Harrison will be but is possible, maybe and Tyreke Smith will probably not be and Hamilton was not either or Cornell on Ohio State.  

Both dominated games with their play no question, granted Chase Young never played against Michigan than final game and what Hutchinson did against Ohio State will be legendary with 3 big time sacks.  Also Hutchinson did great in the Big Ten title game, not sure Young was as productive in their Big Ten title game.  If Hutchinson plays well against Georgia and maybe beyond that would be really impressive.  

On 12/5/2021 at 2:02 AM, lark25 said:

Big call. I think the Bosas are both top 5 edge rushers in the NFL. Being better than that is like top 5 or 10 all time level.

I think he could be comparable perhaps. I remember seeing J Bosa just absolutely wreck college linemen like nothing and see that from Hutchinson too. I do agree motor is underrated. Plenty of dudes with physical tools that just will never want it enough!

They are, yes. Both incredible pass rushers, technicians, wrecking balls etc

I've seen far more of the Bosae than I have Hutch, but from what I have seen, it's not a bad comp. 

I am wondering how much physical appearance (not playing style or ability) clouds people when it comes to comps, if you know what I mean

"I have to say, Hutchinson reminds me quite a bit of J.J. Watt at Wisconsin"

"And dominate like Nick and Joey Bosa of the Ohio State Buckeyes, which according to Sam Webb of the Michigan Insider is a comparison that’s been floating around Michigan football practice:"

"Ohio State sophomore defensive end Joey Bosa doesn't necessarily agree with all the analysts who compare him with Houston Texans star J.J. Watt."

"Chase Winovich PRO COMPARISON: Mike Vrabel"

"Luke Kuechly: Comparing NFL Draft Pick to Paul Posluszny"

Feels cheap and too easy to do. 

That said, Hutch with the Bosae is a pretty good comparison. The motor is really similar 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Ojabo could be a 1st round pick, not sure Zach Harrison will be but is possible, maybe and Tyreke Smith will probably not be and Hamilton was not either or Cornell on Ohio State.  

Zach Harrison should in no way be a first round pick, but I could see a team taking him on day 2 because of "potential" assuming he has a good combine.  Smith, Hamilton, and Cornell are all Day 3 guys and wouldn't be shocked if 1 or 2 end up UDFA.