EDGE rushers

lark25

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Length engulfs him just like it did against Faalele, no tackles have length or strength in the NFL though.  The dude has some limitations and is not nearly as clean and perfect of a prospect as you make him out to be.  You see what you want to see and disregard everything else apparently.  

A bit hypocritical, no?

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

A bit hypocritical, no?

Maybe, but those two on Ohio State are easily the best two tackles he played all season on any one team.  It was a struggle, splashed in the run game made a few decent players but outside of that it was like he was not there.  His ability to move around to opposite sides usually keeps him free but I still question this hand usage if it can be so easily stopped considering who he is playing.  Thus if he cannot overpower the tackle, they can greatly limit him if they are good and usually in the NFL they are good.  

But the guy can continue to learn and improve, but he has some physical limitations.  If the dude is this great athlete he should not be controlled so easily against quality tackles.  However yeah he looked great against Iowa, his best game arguably by far all season long where he had 10 QB pressures against a OT group that was not very talented and not very experienced.  

I still have the dude as a 1st round pick, but I have multiple edge guys ahead of him now where before the season I did not.  I think the only guy ahead of him was Kayvon Thibodeau last May.  Good for George he does not have the motor issues or desire questions than Thibodeau is now getting. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe, but those two on Ohio State are easily the best two tackles he played all season on any one team.  It was a struggle, splashed in the run game made a few decent players but outside of that it was like he was not there.  His ability to move around to opposite sides usually keeps him free but I still question this hand usage if it can be so easily stopped considering who he is playing.  Thus if he cannot overpower the tackle, they can greatly limit him if they are good and usually in the NFL they are good.  

But the guy can continue to learn and improve, but he has some physical limitations.  If the dude is this great athlete he should not be controlled so easily against quality tackles.  However yeah he looked great against Iowa, his best game arguably by far all season long where he had 10 QB pressures against a OT group that was not very talented and not very experienced.  

I still have the dude as a 1st round pick, but I have multiple edge guys ahead of him now where before the season I did not.  I think the only guy ahead of him was Kayvon Thibodeau last May.  Good for George he does not have the motor issues or desire questions than Thibodeau is now getting

Its always interesting to see which top prospects get hit with this.  Nick Bosa for not playing through injury, Chase and Sewell for sitting out, now Thibodeaux for reasons I'm still not 100% sure of.

It prospect fatigue and trying to get a guy to slide, but its kinda sad.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

If he is this amazing athlete shouldn't he be throwing dudes around like rag dolls?  Not to mention playing great against great competition?  

I'm not sure ANYONE suggested that Karlaftis is some amazing athlete.  Is he more then athletic enough to be successful in the NFL?  Absolutely.  Stop trying to take things to absolute extremes.  It doesn't prove a point.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I'm assuming you ignored the number of double teams he received in that game?  Keep moving the benchmarks.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure ANYONE suggested that Karlaftis is some amazing athlete.  Is he more then athletic enough to be successful in the NFL?  Absolutely.  Stop trying to take things to absolute extremes.  It doesn't prove a point.

Oh, I've heard the word freak associated with him

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Its always interesting to see which top prospects get hit with this.  Nick Bosa for not playing through injury, Chase and Sewell for sitting out, now Thibodeaux for reasons I'm still not 100% sure of.

I mean, it is a bit odd that he said hed do all the combine events, ran the 40 and benched, then packed up and left without much of a word. Like why lie? Just say im running the 40, and finishing the rest in Oregon or whatever.

May mean absolutely nothing, but very weird. Never heard of it before

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

So how about that Sam Williams?

He reminds me of Frank Clark but with some more speed.

Scouting reports say hes bad against the run, but im not seeing anyhing egregious in the AM or Bama tapes to show that. Was a dogfight vs Evan Neal

Edited by Chiefer

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

He reminds me of Frank Clark but with some more speed.

Scouting reports say hes bad against the run, but im not seeing anyhing egregious in the AM or Bama tapes to show that. Was a dogfight vs Evan Neal

Do they?  Yeah, I don't see that either in the limited tape I saw (also Bama).  He played with violence.  I really like that in DLs.  Probably more than I should.  It's like a receiver with swagger, something I just like to see.

31 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Do they?  Yeah, I don't see that either in the limited tape I saw (also Bama).  He played with violence.  I really like that in DLs.  Probably more than I should.  It's like a receiver with swagger, something I just like to see.

Thats why he reminds me of FC, when hes on he plays with that violence. Off field character will drop him too.  Late 2nd-3rd rounder

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I am just saying what I heard during the combine that there were issues surrounding Thibodeaux in terms of his motor and or passion for the game.  That kind of showed in the combine when he shut it down after the 40 and also shows on the tape when at times he does not have a great motor or plays consistently.  

Sure some of it is total BS but Myles Garrett had some questions about his mentality of variety of interests, was considered kind of odd to some, sure no one really cares since he is productive and gets sacks but he did try and murder someone with their own helmet so there is that.  

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm assuming you ignored the number of double teams he received in that game?  Keep moving the benchmarks.

Moving the benchmarks?  So being double teamed is a problem?  Yeah I guess it is if you do not have enough power in your hands or strong enough pass rush moves to get off the blocks.  Sorry he was not doubled teamed all game long and if he cannot handle a freaking double team he might be in trouble.  He was handled with single blocking a hell of a lot in that game, but now a double team is a chip from a back for a second or two, hell he was chipped by the HB by himself more than once and the HB handled him.  Moving the benchmarks, ok, go watch the Ohio State game again there.  

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He was on this supposed "freak" list before the season made by some dude, and people seem to be instantly connecting him with a freak show athlete in terms of his bench numbers, squat and workout numbers.  Good athlete sure but pretty stumpy that is for sure, some what odd build as well and his lack of length shows during the game.