EDGE rushers

lark25

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean I don’t even think anyone said “freaky”, did they? I said off the charts personally, which if he tests as well or close to those numbers posted would be correct. 

The post wasn't directed towards you bro, relax. If he does, that would be awesome for him.

But lets not act like people haven't thrown out hyperbolic terms to boost him or any prospect they like up. It happens all the time 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

22 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The post wasn't directed towards you bro, relax. If he does, that would be awesome for him.

But lets not act like people haven't thrown out hyperbolic terms to boost him or any prospect they like up. It happens all the time 

Ok but again, you keep bringing up the term “freaky” as far as his athletic profile when I haven’t seen it said once anywhere. Feel like bringing up Peppers and co. when comparing what people are saying about the athlete Hutch is quite the reach lol.

Agree on the hyperbolic terms but that’s literally every top prospect every year. Hell, even the guys paid to evaluate use these terms all the time. I get being annoyed by it though.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:19 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not sure if I would be quoting him, he is a turd that floats anything out to be relevant.  

The Bosas had ELITE technique and could bend, Hutchinson is an all out effort guy with good technique, he is a power rusher, two differernt genres of pass rusher.

You'll get fired for taking that over a guy who actually has elite physical traits (Kayvon).  These NFL OT's are bigger, faster and stronger, they will be more equipped for the power rush than a guy who is elite physically who as technique 

This is an example of a reactionary society, i'm sorry I don't see any elite physical traits besides being very physical. Being highly active and actually being an actual physical freak are two different things and I think people are getting caught up in this.

This is flat out not true, but then again, you are entitled to your opinion. 

I agree, but then again, he is a comparable athlete to Jason Oweh and he went in the 1st and I think Harrison is way better vs the run. I think he has a big bowl game and destroys the combine with like a 4.50 or lower it will be hard to keep him out of the 1st.

I think Tyreke Smith will be a mid round pick but could be like Johnathan Cooper and be a gem, he just needs to stay healthy, he is a good football player.

People didn't think that Watt had physical traits...until he showed up at the combine and dominated...and then many still didn't think that he had physical traits and got drafted way too late. The same thing will happen with Hutchinson. People will underestimate him using poor optics and racial bias. It didn't happen with Bosa because of family name...but if his last name was Jones...it would have.

Edited by sammymvpknight

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

People didn't think that Watt had physical traits...until he showed up at the combine and dominated...and then many still didn't think that he had physical traits and got drafted way too late. The same thing will happen with Hutchinson. People will underestimate him using poor optics and racial bias. It didn't happen with Bosa because of family name...but if his last name was Jones...it would have.

JJ Watt is a freak. 37 inch vert and sub7 3 cone at nearly 300lbs. There migjt only be 3 or 4 guys who have ever done that.

Anyone that racially stereotyped there is just dumb. Differences are far more on an individual level than colour level with freaks and couch potatoes of all types.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The same thing will happen with Hutchinson. People will underestimate him using poor optics and racial bias. It didn't happen with Bosa because of family name...but if his last name was Jones...it would have.

Hutchinson is going top 3 for sure. 
Come on with the racial bias, that has no place in this discussion. 

23 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Racial bias? Poor optics? Who makes this up? 

He has stiff hips, this has nothing to do with "poor optics" or "racial biases" 🤦

Questioning his athleticism has nothing to do with insinuating that because he is white he isnt a good athletes, to suggest im did that is highly offensive and flat a low hanging fruit take

Edited by MSURacerDT55

10 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Racial bias? Poor optics? Who makes this up? 

He has stiff hips, this has nothing to do with "poor optics" or "racial biases" 🤦

Questioning his athleticism has nothing to do with insinuating that because he is white he isnt a good athletes, to suggest im did that is highly offensive and flat a low hanging fruit take

You took that really personal considering that my post wasn’t a criticism of you. But if the shoe fits…whatever. What was the rationale for JJ Watt to go 11th overall?

17 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

You took that really personal considering that my post wasn’t a criticism of you. But if the shoe fits…whatever. What was the rationale for JJ Watt to go 11th overall?

One year of first round level production(he was solid as a RS Soph) and being brand new to the position were the biggest reasons.  Plus, IIRC, he was considered a bit of a DE/DT tweener at the time.

• Like 2