Around the NFL

LeeEvans

On 2/5/2018 at 10:27 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Deshon Kizer was in Buffalo over the weekend. He said straight up to anyone who asked that he was there on business (New Era maybe?) but he also has family in the area. 

Nothing to do with Bills. Browns have no reason to trade him. He isnt worth much... certainly less then where they drafted him last year. He is cheap as he is on rookie deal. And offers some potential for them in a QB training camp battle. And there is no reason for them to cut him. So no idea what he is doing in Buffalo besides seeing family

18 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Did you guys see the **** move McDaniels pulled on the Colts? What a ****** bag. The Colts already hired some of McDaniels assistants too, so now the new coach will have to keep the current staff. What a ****ty situation for the Colts.

What an even worse situation for those coaches... McDaniels just ruined some his his friends and work colleagues lives forcing them to go to a job were they will likely be fired. McDaniels is an embarrassment... Not the ki nd of guy that I would want representing my team in any capacity. Patriots should be embarrassed to have a guy with his morals on their staff... So selfish

Jimmy G just got paid 137.5 mil over 5 years with 74 mil guaranteed I am not sure what Cousins will get but I do think the bills should go after him as no matter what happens this is a qb driven league and it drives the cap so at some point the bills will have to pay a qb in order to be a serious contender in this league

10 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Jimmy G just got paid 137.5 mil over 5 years with 74 mil guaranteed I am not sure what Cousins will get but I do think the bills should go after him as no matter what happens this is a qb driven league and it drives the cap so at some point the bills will have to pay a qb in order to be a serious contender in this league

Wow! I would have bet he was going to get 2/3 that! I imagine if this trend continues, the league will have to get pretty aggressive with increasing the salary cap.

18 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

They shouldn't have played him those last few weeks so he would have gone cheaper. Once he played the way he did he was gonna get expensive

8 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

They shouldn't have played him those last few weeks so he would have gone cheaper. Once he played the way he did he was gonna get expensive

Yeah that's a tough situation. I think I'd rather be confident in what I have and pay him more money than pay some slightly less money and be less sure if he is the franchise guy. 

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah that's a tough situation. I think I'd rather be confident in what I have and pay him more money than pay some slightly less money and be less sure if he is the franchise guy. 

I agree playing him for the length they did was the right move if you played him less then it would be questionable to the point of having to tag him and it could cost them even more next year. Sucking it up and paying him was the right move even with the amount he got as they are now set with their franchise qb. I just wish the bills would be ballsy enough and make that same decision on a guy like Kirk Cousins whether it works out or not at least they set themselves at the position, focus on the other holes on the team, and they wont have to question every year who will be the QB.

• 7 months later...

Archived