Around the NFL

LeeEvans

On 9/27/2018 at 9:09 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Rishard Matthews is upset on the new HC staff and is requesting a trade or to be let go. I think this would be a nice addition for the bills to bring him in as he was the titans #1 wr the last 2 years and his contract is fairly cheap. They could probably trade that conditional pick they got for Newhouse to get him.

Definitely help with the issue on catching the football but not much of a help with a guy who is fast enough to create space.

Something needs to be done with these reviews. We obviously had an awful call against us and the Browns just had a victory stolen from them by overturning a call that had zero evidence to change the spot. 

I dont understand how referees can make these calls when it's clear as day to people watching at home. Its shambolic. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Something needs to be done with these reviews. We obviously had an awful call against us and the Browns just had a victory stolen from them by overturning a call that had zero evidence to change the spot. 

I dont understand how referees can make these calls when it's clear as day to people watching at home. Its shambolic. 

The league has serious officiating issues and has for years. They're rivaling the NBA in how bad it's getting.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The league has serious officiating issues and has for years. They're rivaling the NBA in how bad it's getting.

It's never been this bad. Ever. 

Allen's fumble today, that tap pass ruled a fumble against the Vikes and this Browns call are inexcusable. Isn't NY supposed to have an input? How are they letting this happens. If this keeps up I legit will stop watching football. They stole this win from Cleveland (they can still win).

23 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Why the ever loving hell didn't we go after John Brown

We did :(

Brown originally had interest from two teams in free agency – the Buffalo Bills and Oakland Raiders. The Bills offered a three-year deal that Brown rejected. He wanted a one-year contract so he could break out and cash in next offseason. He was close to signing with the Raiders before the Ravens called.

Per the Ravens website. Hopefully he remembers the Bills interest next off-season when we offer a big time contract.

The people who are upset the bills didnt go after guys have to realize the bills are in rebuild with minimal money they had to prioritize the needs and players who were coming out that they felt could assist them long term. Now that they filled in a few holes which Star and Murphy have been playing decent while being out there they couldnt answer all the issues. If we had a wr or signed olineman then people would complain that the defense is the problem etc. Now that 2019 offseason looks like to be a 90+ cap room they can fill the rest of the needs and build depth through the draft. I think if 2019 offseason comes and goes and they do not answer all their issues then I would lose faith in Beane and McDermott. I expect them to be big players in free agency. Ali Marpet and Paradis should be the foundation of their free agency by throwing them top dollar at the LG and Center position. 

8 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

The people who are upset the bills didnt go after guys have to realize the bills are in rebuild with minimal money they had to prioritize the needs and players who were coming out that they felt could assist them long term. Now that they filled in a few holes which Star and Murphy have been playing decent while being out there they couldnt answer all the issues. If we had a wr or signed olineman then people would complain that the defense is the problem etc. Now that 2019 offseason looks like to be a 90+ cap room they can fill the rest of the needs and build depth through the draft. I think if 2019 offseason comes and goes and they do not answer all their issues then I would lose faith in Beane and McDermott. I expect them to be big players in free agency. Ali Marpet and Paradis should be the foundation of their free agency by throwing them top dollar at the LG and Center position. 

I think all of us realize that there was limited resources to improve the team. We also realize that we went into the offseason determined to draft a QB and we gave him zero protection and no weapons and instead spent that money on the defense. They look like good signings but it's still a complete neglect of the offense. 

14 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I think all of us realize that there was limited resources to improve the team. We also realize that we went into the offseason determined to draft a QB and we gave him zero protection and no weapons and instead spent that money on the defense. They look like good signings but it's still a complete neglect of the offense. 

They are doing what Philly did, what Rams and bears are doing. Building up the defense to be dominant and enough to carry a rookie qb and not force him to carry the team. Its not about neglect its about winning this year. If the bills didnt sign murphy and star and signed someone like Norwell what good is it to have only 1 oline outside of dawkins when the other 3 have sucked? If they didnt sign star and murphy and went after a free agent wr what good would it be if allen or peterman was qb and had no time to throw it? Im not trying to make excuses but the bills defense is almost complete where the offense was a complete rebuild they were trying to strengthen the strongest part of the team by doing so and hoping it would be enough to be a contender while building the offense in 2019 and 2020. At some point you need to make a push for a qb in the draft they had the opportunity to do it this year and couldnt risk what was coming out in 2019 draft. 

Archived