Around the NFL

LeeEvans

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Now that Allen may be down for a good amount of time what would be the qb options to bring in? Kapernick, me personally think it would be a horrible mistake with everything going on and this would bring it to a new level. Not to mention he isnt really that good. Landry Jones and Matt Moore both possibilities as they have had workouts with the bills this year. Nick Foles could be an interesting move to send shady to Philly for a 3rd and Foles doubt that happens. Hopefully this injury Allen has isnt serious and maybe the organization just rests him for the rest of the year to risk further injury and ruin his career by rushing him back to soon.

Is Matt Moore still a free agent? If so I'd sign him. Landry Jones and Kaepernick can't really teach Josh much, especially compared to Anderson and probably Moore. 

I think trading for anyone would be a pretty big mistake and there is no way we would get Foles and a third for Shady.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Is Matt Moore still a free agent? If so I'd sign him. Landry Jones and Kaepernick can't really teach Josh much, especially compared to Anderson and probably Moore. 

I think trading for anyone would be a pretty big mistake and there is no way we would get Foles and a third for Shady.

They wont come in to teach at this point it is to play. Anderson is there to teach him. Right now its who is best to come in a salvage this season with this solid defense they have going right now. They are facing a weak opponent in Indy but they have Pats the following week which they need to have someone in and practicing as it will only be 2 weeks and if anderson isnt the guy to win them games then they need to upgrade. I am not sure if foles deal would work im just throwing that as a hypothetical since the need for shady is there. Foles will be cut next year as his price skyrockets over 20 mil and with Wentz fully healthy I could see them moving on to get that money off their plate as they are cap crunched for next year. I think Landry or Moore is the best bet at this point 

It's stupid to evaluate a trade in hindsight, trades should always be judged on what you gave up and acquired the moment you made the trade, we absolutely did the right thing and got more than equitable value to trade back in the first and acquire the Chiefs first rounder in 2018 to maximize the amount of talent we could acquire and bulwark the future with a usable asset of immense value.

That said.

We ****ed up so bad passing on this kid.

14 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's stupid to evaluate a trade in hindsight, trades should always be judged on what you gave up and acquired the moment you made the trade, we absolutely did the right thing and got more than equitable value to trade back in the first and acquire the Chiefs first rounder in 2018 to maximize the amount of talent we could acquire and bulwark the future with a usable asset of immense value.

That said.

We ****ed up so bad passing on this kid.

Im not saying Mahomes is garbage in any way i think his future is bright but to say they messed up on not taking him is after the fact and dictating on how good he is with the talent around him. KC has an experienced offensive mind coach, had a seasoned veteran qb in Alex Smith to sit behind and learn, have an above average oline, and top tier weapons in Hunt, Kelce, Watkins, and Hill.....All that said would he be the same qb on the bills as he is with the Chiefs? I say No. I think Mahomes is going to be great in KC but I wouldn't say the same if he was on the bills. Bills do not have an oline, no true weapons except for shady which hasnt been ideal because of the weakened oline, and an OC that is questionable at best right now. If the bills had these fixed I think Allen would have had a better opportunity to prove he can be good. 

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Cowboys are reportedly “monitoring” Benji ahead of the deadline. Lmaoooo please take him

Please trade him for a 3rd or 4th rd pick 

Bills should just lay down and call it a season, trade what you can on offense including shady and build it up in a few months. Grab a top 5 pick for once without having to move up and take a top tier player or use that to trade back and collect more players. GB would be interested to move up for bosa, or a qb needy team like the jags, dolphins, etc would be willing to move up and they can collect multiple picks. I wanted them to be in contention but after yesterday I want them to lose out 

I wanted McDermott before anyone else and knew he could be something special. But hearing him on wgr saying we have to be a running team because we play in Buffalo is the final straw for me. How much longer are we going to ignore the offense and the way the NFL is going for these "Buffalo" guys or whatever they are.

So done. 

46 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I wanted McDermott before anyone else and knew he could be something special. But hearing him on wgr saying we have to be a running team because we play in Buffalo is the final straw for me. How much longer are we going to ignore the offense and the way the NFL is going for these "Buffalo" guys or whatever they are.

So done. 

We had the most prolific passing attack in NFL HISTORY.

Why does this "Buffalo style" continue to persist? God screw it, build a dome here I'll sacrifice the homefield advantage in the winter to get rid of this freaking excuse to avoid the passing game at all costs, to draft a bunch of project passers because "well he has a strong arm and you need a strong arm in Buffalo".

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If McD keeps his job after this year we need to pair him with a stupid young up and coming offensive coordinator.

It won't happen but imagine we could convince Lincoln Riley to come as OC? He would be a logical choice for the next HC after McDermott is fired.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

It won't happen but imagine we could convince Lincoln Riley to come as OC? He would be a logical choice for the next HC after McDermott is fired.

0 shot he leaves OU for an OC job. I’m not ready to give up on McDermott yet. At least give him a chance when he has a competent offense.

Watching Obj and Julio play tonight makes me sick. We passed on both of them for Sammy Watkins and Marcel Dareus. And to be perfectly honest we took the players i wanted at the time. 

Archived