Around the NFL

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, NickChowaniec said:

Why?

Do I have to go over this again?

Bills likely to go 9-7. Chargers will probably win out and go 9-7. If that's the case then the Chargers and Bills are tied. Chargers get in on tie breaker for beating us.

But if Tennessee wins 1 game. Then Titans, Bills, and Chargers are all 9-7. Then Bills get tie breaker for conference record.

This is assuming we beat Dolphins, lose to Patriots. Chargers win the two games they should win. And Ravens win their two games that they should.

11 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

So 49ers won. That means we gotta hope Titans beat Rams or Chargers lose one game or Ravens lose one game

I think our best hope is that Rivers does Rivers things and they drop a game. The Titans cannot beat the Rams and unless the Jags are resting their starters week 17, they're not beating them either. 

Just now, xian3000 said:

I think our best hope is that Rivers does Rivers things and they drop a game. The Titans cannot beat the Rams and unless the Jags are resting their starters week 17, they're not beating them either. 

Oh forgot to mention. If Titans do win it has to be against the Rams. The Jaguars are a AFC team so that's a no go.

Our best shot is Chargers continue to struggle or the Bengals beat their division rival

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Oh forgot to mention. If Titans do win it has to be against the Rams. The Jaguars are a AFC team so that's a no go.

Our best shot is Chargers continue to struggle or the Bengals beat their division rival

Yeah, I think it's got to be the Chargers dropping one. The Ravens just have no business losing to the Bengals. Further, the Bengals are getting worse. Their coach announced he was quitting at the end of the season this weekend? It's not looking like they'll be surging in week 17.

3 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yup. I think both of those are possible. Marvin Lewis' last game hopefully brings a strong performance and with Flacco at QB the Ravens are always possible for an offensive implosion. 

18 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yup. I think both of those are possible. Marvin Lewis' last game hopefully brings a strong performance and with Flacco at QB the Ravens are always possible for an offensive implosion. 

We win out tho and we are clinched. We control our own destiny... With Titans loss today. Issue is I don't see us winning out... So let's go Colts and Jets!

49 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Do I have to go over this again?

Bills likely to go 9-7. Chargers will probably win out and go 9-7. If that's the case then the Chargers and Bills are tied. Chargers get in on tie breaker for beating us.

But if Tennessee wins 1 game. Then Titans, Bills, and Chargers are all 9-7. Then Bills get tie breaker for conference record.

This is assuming we beat Dolphins, lose to Patriots. Chargers win the two games they should win. And Ravens win their two games that they should.

Chill out I don't sit and read every post. Appreciate the explanation

38 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Chill out I don't sit and read every post. Appreciate the explanation

Oh I'm chill. It's not just here tho. Everyone's been asking why to it... This forum and other forums. I've had others argue with me about it lol... Like I'm right how are you arguing it lmao. But I guess they would rather have a path to the playoffs blocked hahaha

6 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Not to mention he already went to the ground after completed it and then bobbled it when he extended over the goalie. Disgusting. I honestly feel sick.

This has been the rule for at least 5 to 7 years, ever since Johnson of Detroit got a TD cancelled over a similar play. It no longer matters if a WR or pass catcher has control and crosses the goal line, he must maintain the catch until the play is over and if the ground causes a fumble, it is not a catch or if after crossing the goal line while in full control of the  catch and then bobbles the ball while going out of bounds, it is also not a catch!!!

I think the rule stinks, but that is the rule and they called it correctly!!!

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

This has been the rule for at least 5 to 7 years, ever since Johnson of Detroit got a TD cancelled over a similar play. It no longer matters if a WR or pass catcher has control and crosses the goal line, he must maintain the catch until the play is over and if the ground causes a fumble, it is not a catch or if after crossing the goal line while in full control of the  catch and then bobbles the ball while going out of bounds, it is also not a catch!!!

That's were we differ. You are supposed to control it while going to the ground. He caught the ball. Went to the ground and controlled it. The lunge happened after going to the ground not during. So in my eyes he controlled it through the process of going to the ground. And after controlling it through the process he made a football move towards the endzone and crossed goalline which should have ended it.

With Johnson's he caught it while falling to the ground and and didn't control it on the ground while James did. James lost it on a football move not on process of going to ground.

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

In my opinion it's different from the Dez catch. I honestly don't remember the Calvin play just that it was the single worse decision I've ever seen. I think this is different because he catches it and is going to the ground and brings it in and then extends after securing it. I think the extension is clearly after he's secured the catch and is more of an action of a runner than a part of the catch. 

Archived