Around the NFL

LeeEvans

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

So we have two shots at playoffs...

Bills win and

Bengals win

Or

Jacksonville and Raiders win

Really think Jacksonville will rest a bunch of guys assuming Pitt wins tomorrow. So Cinci might be our only hope. Then again the Jags backups could pull off a miracle. I’m excited to at least be in contention. 

6 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Really think Jacksonville will rest a bunch of guys assuming Pitt wins tomorrow. So Cinci might be our only hope. Then again the Jags backups could pull off a miracle. I’m excited to at least be in contention. 

I could really see Jags wanting to go into playoffs hot. Especially off a loss. And division rivals live for knocking others out of playoffs.

Do you guys believe that Alberto Riveron should be investigated? He is the guy making all the calls on challenges and replays. He has been very inconsistent overturned the Pittsburgh TD and Kelvin Benjamin's TD. But he also called Brandin Cooks a TD against the Texans... All 3 caught the ball going to ground. If Cooks was a TD then James should have been called a TD. He also reviewed the Jets play. 4 key calls with the Patriots and the Patriots won each one. I could understand maybe winning one or two of them but all 4... I think it's time to investigate.

This is what happens when you hire a minority to have more diversity rather than just hiring the most qualified candidate. Al Riveron is no we're near qualified... Needs to be let go. 

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Do you guys believe that Alberto Riveron should be investigated? He is the guy making all the calls on challenges and replays. He has been very inconsistent overturned the Pittsburgh TD and Kelvin Benjamin's TD. But he also called Brandin Cooks a TD against the Texans... All 3 caught the ball going to ground. If Cooks was a TD then James should have been called a TD. He also reviewed the Jets play. 4 key calls with the Patriots and the Patriots won each one. I could understand maybe winning one or two of them but all 4... I think it's time to investigate.

This is what happens when you hire a minority to have more diversity rather than just hiring the most qualified candidate. Al Riveron is no we're near qualified... Needs to be let go. 

I think anyone who makes bad or inconstant calls should be held accountable or at least checked upon. I think that happens in every other job, why not here? I don't know if diversity has anything to do with it but bad decisions that effect teams should absolutely be reviewed.  

On 24/12/2017 at 9:50 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Resting a very young team with no playoff experience won't happen. Fournette would probably be the only star being rested 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

I think anyone who makes bad or inconstant calls should be held accountable or at least checked upon. I think that happens in every other job, why not here? I don't know if diversity has anything to do with it but bad decisions that effect teams should absolutely be reviewed.  

I'm on a Facebook football page with knowledgeable fans and every convo keeps reverting back to the timing of these horse**** calls NE get over the last decade. They aren't just getting a PI or holding but game changing momentum stopping calls dating back to Oakland in Foxboro all them years ago

22 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I mean what other explanation can be given for why he was hired... Dude was a Big East rer before his current job... Not exactly the cream of the crop

Texans have gained permission to interview Brian Gaine for the GM. It would suck to lose him before we even get one year out of him.  One free agent period out of him.

I'm banking on the fact that he wouldn't want to pack his family up again and move back to where he just gave from. And the Texans coaching and front office situation is pretty odd right now

45 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Anyone see the article by ESPN? Seems like Brady, Kraft, and Belichick are arguing to see who has the biggest junk... It's looking like Doug Whaley is running the show over in New England now 

I'm not buying it. I'm sure some of it may be true but I am sure a lot of it is false and hugely exaggerated. Until the wheels start coming off I'm not buying it. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I'm not buying it. I'm sure some of it may be true but I am sure a lot of it is false and hugely exaggerated. Until the wheels start coming off I'm not buying it. 

I'm sure it is to. But it may be a start. You know how the media like to find a little crack then force a wedge in it and make it look bigger. Something like this that is exaggerated could develop into a bigger issue down the road. Especially with McDaniels and Patricia likely leaving...

6 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I'm sure it is to. But it may be a start. You know how the media like to find a little crack then force a wedge in it and make it look bigger. Something like this that is exaggerated could develop into a bigger issue down the road. Especially with McDaniels and Patricia likely leaving...

Yeah I certainly hope it is. It might be the start of something and certainly the offseason might start to show some more cracks in the organization. 

7 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah I certainly hope it is. It might be the start of something and certainly the offseason might start to show some more cracks in the organization. 

If Gronk never hit White then I think Brady blowing up on McDaniels would have been a bigger story.

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Lol lol lol Raider signed Gruden to a 10 year 100 million dollar deal... What a joke.

Guy hasn't coached since 2008, he is barely over .500 for his career, and is 45-62 since winning his only Superbowl. 

Can you say overated?

Was just talking to my buddy about that. I like Gruden and hope he does well but if my team did that I'd be pretty nervous. They're paying that entire contract, one way or another.

Archived