Week 2 around the league

WizardHawk

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This argument is the equivalent of being anti-vax. You are arguing against science. Science has proved the earth is round and running the football doesnt matter. 

Ask Michael Irvin if the running game matters. He had a great take on this in one of his interviews and how, without it, you are simply 1 dimensional. 

If nothing else, it keeps a defense honest. 

At its best, it controls the clock, plays keep away, closes out games, gives the O line a chance to hit back and protects the QB.

It matters!

5 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Ask Michael Irvin if the running game matters. He had a great take on this in one of his interviews and how, without it, you are simply 1 dimensional.

Irvin, like many of you, is stuck in the 90's. His opinion on the run game is tainted. Just like when your grandpa talks about how amazing his generation was and leaves off all the rampant alcoholism, health issues, women beating and racism. You just smile an nod. 

This is me smiling and nodding at Irvin. Maybe throw an 'Okay Boomer' at the end. 

Edited by Matts4313

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Irvin, like many of you, is stuck in the 90's. His opinion on the run game is tainted. Just like when your grandpa talks about how amazing his generation was and leaves off all the rampant alcoholism, health issues, women beating and racism. You just smile an nod. 

This is me smiling and nodding at Irvin. Maybe throw an 'Okay Boomer' at the end. 

Maybe so, but if it were not for THAT generation we would all be goose stepping down main Street today! Now, we are running from a 3rd world bunch of wussies. 

But let's all live on our "perception is reality" mind set. That's working out great! 

😵

45 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Maybe so, but if it were not for THAT generation we would all be goose stepping down main Street today! Now, we are running from a 3rd world bunch of wussies. 

But let's all live on our "perception is reality" mind set. That's working out great! 

😵

The flaw in that logic is that if you would take this generation and put it in that time frame, they would literally do everything better than those old farts. Just like the next generation to come will be better than us. Embrace change people! 

And in this context, that change is realizing a very simple truth. RB is the least important position on offense or defense. 

Edited by Matts4313

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The flaw in that logic is that if you would take this generation and put it in that time frame, they would literally do everything better than those old farts. Just like the next generation to come will be better than us. Embrace change people! 

And in this context, that change is realizing a very simple truth. RB is the least important position on offense or defense. 

Are you kidding, lol!!! They can't agree on the color of sight, let alone pull together to defend our country.

And the flaw in YOUR logic is their resolve was on full display on Aug 31st!! What a disgrace.

But hey, im glad we're not talking politics as we are not supposed to.

6 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Are you kidding, lol!!! They can't agree on the color of sight, let alone pull together to defend our country.

And the flaw in YOUR logic is their resolve was on full display on Aug 31st!! What a disgrace.

But hey, im glad we're not talking politics as we are not supposed to.

You must be referring to the fact that Europe said Americans cant visit any more unless we get a vaccine. That was the only major news on 8/31 😉.

For real tho - the only difference is this generation would have done more, earlier, to stick up against the Nazi's and then would have stormed the beach just as those in the 50's.

Well, not just the same. This time we would have brought all the people, like women, people of color, people with different sexual orientations. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

For real tho - the only difference is this generation would have done more, earlier, to stick up against the Nazi's and then would have stormed the beach just as those in the 50's.

Well, not just the same. This time we would have brought all the people, like women, people of color, people with different sexual orientations. 

I'm not sure you fully grasp how horrid that experience was. And I get your point. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the fact that it was males only is in line with the mindset back then that it was too gruesome for women's eyes.

In other words, they were protecting their women. That's what a man did. Thats what I was taught. It's an old fashioned idea but it harkens to being a gentleman. 

Again, I get your point, and it's a good point, I just have a different point of view.

But we are all Americans. This thought should remain constant.

🇺🇸

• Like 1