Jump to content

Week 2 Texans @ Browns


Recommended Posts

Some positives:

 

I think it’s obvious the players on your team like Culley. They have fought their butts off the last 2 weeks.

Tunsil is the best LT in football. Shut down Myles and that’s rare. Hell Myles was able to get Mahomes last week and that’s damn near impossible. Shows how amazing Tunsil is.

Lovie Smith is a fantastic DC. He just needs the right pieces.

Justin Reid will play in multiple pro bowls.

 

Best of luck to some of the best fans in all of sports.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Best of luck to some of the best fans in all of sports.

Sincerely appreciate it, brother. Choppin' it up with Browns fans is always a great time. You dudes are some of the best our forum has to offer.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Tunsil is the best LT in football. Shut down Myles and that’s rare.

Holy moly, I didn't even realize that - but yeah, wow. That's unexpected.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tab said:

it feels weird to say this but I like Tyrod and I think we need Tyrod on this team. I hope he gets better soon and its a shame that he went down before our only primetime game

Any update on this? I am vested obviously

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Any update on this? I am vested obviously

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32243753/david-culley-houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-active-thursday-night-tyrod-taylor-day-day

Quote

HOUSTON -- Quarterback Deshaun Watson will not be active for the Houston Texans' game against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday night despite starter Tyrod Taylor's uncertain status, coach David Culley said Monday.

Taylor is getting an MRI on his left hamstring and is considered day-to-day, Culley said.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2021 at 2:38 PM, ET80 said:

So apparently - Zach Cunningham was suspended by Culley for the 1st quarter of the game for "disciplinary reasons". 

Not sure what happened, but that's not promising. Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel like he's adjusting well to this scheme.

Yeah this is a tad bit concerning to me. Zac was playing great and was rewarded with a top LB contract. Culley said the reason for the missed quarter will be kept internal. You hate to see that from a young core player. The defense didn't miss a beat in the first quarter without him. I expect it will take some time for him to adjust and he should thrive in this defense. Hopefully this is a one time thing.

Also worth noting that Desmond King also didn't play in the first quarter, but this wasn't picked up by the media like Cunningham's absence was. Before coming to Houston I read something about King sometimes was late for meetings or things when he was with Chargers/Titans (one of the two). Pure speculation and maybe I'm reading to much into it, but maybe those guys were late for meetings and were made an example of. 

Either way, like I said I hope this is a one time thing as I like both of them lol.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OzzyTexan said:

Yeah this is a tad bit concerning to me. Zac was playing great and was rewarded with a top LB contract. Culley said the reason for the missed quarter will be kept internal. You hate to see that from a young core player. The defense didn't miss a beat in the first quarter without him. I expect it will take some time for him to adjust and he should thrive in this defense. Hopefully this is a one time thing.

Also worth noting that Desmond King also didn't play in the first quarter, but this wasn't picked up by the media like Cunningham's absence was. Before coming to Houston I read something about King sometimes was late for meetings or things when he was with Chargers/Titans (one of the two). Pure speculation and maybe I'm reading to much into it, but maybe those guys were late for meetings and were made an example of. 

Either way, like I said I hope this is a one time thing as I like both of them lol.

Quality insight!  TY for sharing! And I hope the same as well

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...