Jump to content

Chase Young turning into a bust?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I understand you’re being a contrarian simply to be a contrarian but at this moment Hebert is better than everyone else in that entire draft regardless of position. Going by your logic, unless I’m mistaken here Woz, everyone picked before Hebert is a bust. 

Great point hadn’t thought about that, I will use that on Twitter with these fools calling Chase a bust. 😂 Ha! Everyone in the draft is a bust if they’re worse than Herbert at this point! 😂 

Thats like saying everyone in the 99 draft is a bust that was drafted infront of Tom Brady! 😂 

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

To add to my post @Woz. It would be similar to Saturn Myles Garrett is a bust because of Mahomes and Watson. I just don’t think it’s a good way to frame someone as a bust. 

Not exactly, as Cleveland already had their QB in house.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

How so? 

My apologies. I got my years when Cleveland was drafting #1 mixed up. I thought they went Mayfield, Garrett, not the other way around.

Yes, they should have gone QB in 2017. Even without looking at the QBs. With hindsight, it's even more painfully obvious.

The one good thing for Cleveland was that they didn't waste a year of either Mahomes' or Watson's career under Hue Jackson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

 

Why you can’t just use the stat sheet for anyone, really, but with our DL, it is especially important. 

I would be curious to hear more about the holes in the secondary. Who was nominally supposed to be responsible for those zones?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Woz said:

My apologies. I got my years when Cleveland was drafting #1 mixed up. I thought they went Mayfield, Garrett, not the other way around.

Yes, they should have gone QB in 2017. Even without looking at the QBs. With hindsight, it's even more painfully obvious.

The one good thing for Cleveland was that they didn't waste a year of either Mahomes' or Watson's career under Hue Jackson.

But they still have their franchise guy. So now they have a top 5 defensive player in the league and a franchise QB. I mean, I don’t know dude? We were never taking Herbert. Even if we passed on Young we weren’t taking Herbert. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

But they still have their franchise guy. So now they have a top 5 defensive player in the league and a franchise QB. I mean, I don’t know dude? We were never taking Herbert. Even if we passed on Young we weren’t taking Herbert. 

It would have been Tua and I really don’t think Tua is any good.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

It would have been Tua and I really don’t think Tua is any good.

Tua is likely to be nothing more than an average starter. One thing that’s for sure Chase has been more impactful than Tua, Okudah & Simmons - all players we were linked to considering for the #2 overall pick besides Chase. As we all know, Herbert wasn’t considered to be taken in the top 5 by anyone (6-10 yes) 1-5, no.

I mean even the Bengals if they had the hindsight to redo the draft would’ve taken Herbert over Burrow.

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2021 at 8:28 AM, turtle28 said:

Tua is likely to be nothing more than an average starter. One thing that’s for sure Chase has been more impactful than Tua, Okudah & Simmons - all players we were linked to considering for the #2 overall pick besides Chase. As we all know, Herbert wasn’t considered to be taken in the top 5 by anyone (6-10 yes) 1-5, no.

I mean even the Bengals if they had the hindsight to redo the draft would’ve taken Herbert over Burrow.

Ill say it again, no Alabama QB has been better than a back up in the NFL. Jones is only a rookie, but Tua is looking to be mediocre at best. 

The issue with Chase is that he is drawing attention. But when you have Sweat, Allen and Payne along that line, who are you going to double or chip. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

Ill say it again, no Alabama QB has been better than a back up in the NFL. Jones is only a rookie, but Tua is looking to be mediocre at best. 

The issue with Chase is that he is drawing attention. But when you have Sweat, Allen and Payne along that line, who are you going to double or chip. 

Joe Namath comes to mind…

It’s hard to tell where any you QB will be in their development a year from now or two, I do know that three Alabama QBs started the season for their teams this year - Jones, Hurts & Tua - now are they good enough to be their teams starting QB week 1 next year?

Thats up to debate, and we’ll have to see if they even finish the season as their teams starters, but Alabama did have three QBs as starters week 1. I believe more than any other college team did in week 1 of the NFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...