Chase Young turning into a bust?

mar29020

I am certainly not giving up on him, but he is clearly underperforming.   Maybe CY should have showed up to the full offseason program instead of filming commercials and family feud or whatever he was doing.  If he showed up ready we would give him a pass, but he didn't.  He looks slow, out of sync with his assignments and generally not all that athletic.  No excuses.  Even if he turns it around and starts playing lights out, he just showed me nothing for a full 3 games.  He needs a wake up call.  

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

These stories - we've all read 'em. Chase is throwing O-lineman around in practice like rag dolls ! Huh????? really !!! ???

Well...it's OUR Offensive Linemen so I can believe it.

I'm looking at the game again (was watching at my reunion at a brewery yesterday) and the more I watch the more I get pissed at not the coaches (because they share some of the blame) but with the players themselves. 

Myles Garrett had how many sacks yesterday?

Aaron Donald is a force.

Do they require a DC to "scheme" them into sacks?

Chase was going against a backup RT yesterday correct? And the Jints OL was banged up.

Putrid results so far this year from him.

Until I see otherwise this is 90% on the players for me.

• Like 4

I’m definitely a believer in Chase becoming what we want him to be/thought we were going to get from him right away aka a Lavar Arrington/Sean Taylor type from Chase in his 2nd season, meaning a major jump to where he definitely looked on his way to being an All-Pro/DPOY type player.

It’s definitely true he hasn’t shown it, yet. It is what it is, all we can do is look forward to the future and hopefully we see the guy we saw at times last year. The same goes for Tez as well, neither one have lived up to the hype of this year so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Well...it's OUR Offensive Linemen so I can believe it.

I'm looking at the game again (was watching at my reunion at a brewery yesterday) and the more I watch the more I get pissed at not the coaches (because they share some of the blame) but with the players themselves. 

Myles Garrett had how many sacks yesterday?

Aaron Donald is a force.

Do they require a DC to "scheme" them into sacks?

Chase was going against a backup RT yesterday correct? And the Jints OL was banged up.

Putrid results so far this year from him.

Until I see otherwise this is 90% on the players for me.

This!!! All of this. And the sad thing is you can see him handle guys. He just isn’t finishing. It’s beyond frustrating. He could have had 3 sacks on Allen yesterday. I honestly like that Rivera is a level individual. But I actually see what he’s saying. It’s not like Payne wasn’t blowing up the pocket. Allen just had clean field outside to book it. Guys just aren’t working together and it’s that simple. I hope they do change their name soon because they damn sure aren’t playing like a team!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m definitely a believer in Chase becoming what we want him to be/thought we were going to get from him right away aka a Lavar Arrington/Sean Taylor type from Chase in his 2nd season, meaning a major jump to where he definitely looked on his way to being an All-Pro/DPOY type player.

It’s definitely true he hasn’t shown it, yet. It is what it is, all we can do is look forward to the future and hopefully we see the guy we saw at times last year. The same goes for Tez as well, neither one have lived up to the hype of this year so far.

And that’s on them!!! They both gave every OT in the league the motivation to handle them. Saying they were going to break the duo sack record that’s their goal. They through 3 games they are at 2 sacks 🤣🤣🤣 so maybe when y’all combine for more then half of the duo record maybe then you can speak. But last year y’all were at 16 together. So trying to get to what is it 42? Either way I’m sorry they need to eat some pie and stop sipping coolaid because so far these guys aren’t doing enough. And it’s not just them. But they put that material out there. So did they expect guys not to make them earn it?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

And that’s on them!!! They both gave every OT in the league the motivation to handle them. Saying they were going to break the duo sack record that’s their goal. They through 3 games they are at 2 sacks 🤣🤣🤣 so maybe when y’all combine for more then half of the duo record maybe then you can speak. But last year y’all were at 16 together. So trying to get to what is it 42? Either way I’m sorry they need to eat some pie and stop sipping coolaid because so far these guys aren’t doing enough. And it’s not just them. But they put that material out there. So did they expect guys not to make them earn it?

Also - maybe show up to optional OTAs in the future. I spent as much time at those OTAs as Young did.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Also - maybe show up to optional OTAs in the future. I spent as much time at those OTAs as Young did.

He absolutely should’ve been there. As a leader more so than anything else he needed to be there. You don’t get to yell about other players like he did with Del Rio when those guys showed up to OTAs. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

This!!! All of this. And the sad thing is you can see him handle guys. He just isn’t finishing. It’s beyond frustrating. He could have had 3 sacks on Allen yesterday. I honestly like that Rivera is a level individual. But I actually see what he’s saying. It’s not like Payne wasn’t blowing up the pocket. Allen just had clean field outside to book it. Guys just aren’t working together and it’s that simple. I hope they do change their name soon because they damn sure aren’t playing like a team!!!

Allen averaged almost three seconds per throw.  That's way too long for the "they were close" excuse.

• Like 1