Chase Young turning into a bust?

mar29020

8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He deserved the penalty . just tackle the ol fart-don't hit him high . he's bad and he's stupid . I didn't want him from the git go-Never showed me Shinola. I saw Sweat yappin' at him .

Both things can be true. It was an awful penalty, and Chase should’ve Lavar Arrington’d Matt Ryan.

A) he didn't look lazy out there today.

B) that being said, I didn't really see much of an impact from him. I did on some plays, but I'm expecting much more from him. Sorry, it is what it is.

C) the roughing penalty was a good call by the official. He swatted after the ball with his left hand. I get that he was trying to cause a turnover here. But, he also hit Ryan in the upper chest with his right hand and then that same hand hit Ryan's facemask, causing his head to turn. Sorry, that was technically roughing even if it was a little ticky-tack. Had an ATL defender done the same to Heinicke, we'd have said it was a good flag by the official. 

In hindsight, Chase absolutely should've just destroyed him. And I think the problem is that he's still trying to do too much. He was too focused on causing the turnover to sack the QB. Just start making the more "mundane" plays, please Chase? Then the other stuff will come. In baseball, it's like the guy hitting .200 who only swings for the fence. I mean yeah, he's gonna homer occasionally and in rare moments get you a grand slam. But I'd rather him hit singles and doubles consistently and drive runs in with his bat.

All that ^^^ to say that this was probably his best game this year. And that is not cause for celebration for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

It was even though Ryan ducked it and Chase hit him in the shoulder- still he went high . why ? No reason to do that .

Why? Bc the league has screwed up how defenders can play the game & Chase was overthinking on that play instead of just going on his instinct & full throttle. Safeties, DL & LBs only have a thigh to the top of the #s area to hit an offensive player that is defenseless or a QB. It’s a near impossible task for someone who’s going 1000 mph w/ everything they have.

Chase did what he did bc vs the Giants he got flagged for sacking Daniel Jones on what most would consider a routine hit. He’s overthinking it now instead of just going after the QB and letting the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Chase did what he did bc vs the Giants he got flagged for sacking Daniel Jones on what most would consider a routine hit. He’s overthinking it now instead of just going after the QB and letting the chips fall where they may.

And can you blame him? That type of thing is going to be a bugaboo for everyone. Never have I been so against what they do with QBs until that moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

And can you blame him? That type of thing is going to be a bugaboo for everyone. Never have I been so against what they do with QBs until that moment.

Nope, I don’t blame Chase at all. The league has ruined defensive play in the NFL and it’s not a new thing, it started a decade ago with the Tom Brady rule where you can’t hit a QB at the knees or before after Pollard hit him low and Brady tore his ACL & MCL.

Then all the defenseless player/WR stuff make it nearly impossible to defend as a safety or LB. And I don’t know how CBs cover anyone anymore bc they literally can’t breath on a guy or else they get a holding call or PI. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

The league over corrected a problem that was never there. QBs either get hit or they can’t run ever. Either force the QB to be stationary the moment he takes the snap and if the pressure gets there and he’s touched the play is over or let defenders hit them. You can’t go high, can’t get low, can’t hit in the middle and have your body weight land on the QB. It’s absurd. 

And I love the people saying Chase should’ve just blew him up. He was running full speed at him and would’ve absolutely destroyed Ryan. It would’ve been flagged. Defenders are in no mans land now with QBs. They better figure this out because fans will eventually tune out. You can’t have these calls ruining game after game. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The league over corrected a problem that was never there. QBs either get hit or they can’t run ever. Either force the QB to be stationary the moment he takes the snap and if the pressure gets there and he’s touched the play is over or let defenders hit them. You can’t go high, can’t get low, can’t hit in the middle and have your body weight land on the QB. It’s absurd. 

And I love the people saying Chase should’ve just blew him up. He was running full speed at him and would’ve absolutely destroyed Ryan. It would’ve been flagged. Defenders are in no mans land now with QBs. They better figure this out because fans will eventually tune out. You can’t have these calls ruining game after game. 

I fully understand what the result of the play would’ve been if Chase blew up Ryan on the play. Considering Chase got a 15 yard penalty on a little touch to Ryan’s chest that went to his head & neck area as Ryan started falling, my point is Chase should’ve made the hit count, make the 15 yard penalty count and it would’ve taken Matt Ryan out of the game.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Got flagged anyway because he hit his helmet. But I understand your broader point and I agree with it. Either the QB is a player with pads or he's not.

Look, Chase certainly needs to play better. The whole defense has struggled but people saying he sucks or he’s a bust are just being ridiculous. He’s lost two sacks to penalties and both of them were bogus. Right now the entire defense is a mess and I understand Chase is the big name so he’s going to get blasted by fans but he’s a stud. He’s going to be a stud for a decade plus and we’re lucky to have him. The big game changing plays will come and the defense will improve but the coaches have to help. Del Rio can’t keep doing what he’s doing. 

• Like 3