Week 2: NE Patriots vs NY Jets

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:
This sums up a lot of things: Zach Wilson is the 4th rookie top-5 pick with 0 Pass TD and 4+ Int in a game in the last 20 seasons. The last 3 QBs to do it were all Jets. Others were Sam Darnold and Mark Sanchez. FYI: Alex Smith did it in 2005. #Jets

Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez were ones of few rookies qbs that defeated Patriots.  Weird, heh?

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

ALL i KNOW IS THAT WE HAVE LOST 16 OF OUR LAST 18 GAMES.

For the last two of three years, all I heard coming out of training camp how great players looked. Next year I don't want to hear any reports from training camp, because it is all BS.

lol... you will. you will.

55 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

No, we need a vet Wilson can learn from and we also need a back up plan. If he continues to struggle and he goes with that logic, it's him and JDs fault if he's bust. I seriously can't think of the last good QB who didn't have a experienced vet around him year 1. Not someone who has just been in the league, but a vet who had experience starting for a season or more. 

It's never been 100% on the coaches to teach. These players see examples of leading the locking room, huddle, studying footage, how to change things up during the game, and more when a vet is there. Getting him someone now is important. 

If Wilson struggles, we don't have to throw away the whole season and wonder why free agents don't want to sign with us like we do every year. We can remain competitive while Wilson resets his mind and prepares for his next opportunity. 

Russell Wilson

Kyle Murray

Matt Ryan (only QB on the roster!)

Deshaun Watson

31 minutes ago, Malik said:

Russell Wilson

Kyle Murray

Matt Ryan (only QB on the roster!)

Deshaun Watson

Matt Flynn was there. He was even considered a big pick up because his 400yd+ games. Wilson beat him. No way they would have given the keys to a 3rd round pick. Travaris Jackson was there as well. 

Matt Ryan was the only one towards the end of the season. Chris Redman was the vet QB.

Brett Hundley was Murray's vet. He played majority of the season in GB when Rodgers got hurt. 

TJ Yates was Watson's. 

I'll give you Matt Ryan and Murray, those are pretty good examples but they still had the chance to watch a vet QB set the example day 1 in camp then allowed them to see how it's done. They all also came from competitive conferences. 

Now if we're looking at those who had vets, Rodgers, Ben, Herbert, All the other rookies in this class, Mahomes, Jackson, Brady, Dak, Allen, and more had someone that could either challenge them or someone with enough starting experience to help the young QBs when it came to preparing and leading. We often see vets next to the rookies pointing things out. Those moments are helpful. 

Was I not the one who was suspect of his stats from college? And I wa told by countless members here that the talent he played in college didn’t matter. And just today he had more INTs than he did all last year. I guess level of competition does matter. I’ll accept apologies starting now

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Matt Flynn was there. He was even considered a big pick up because his 400yd+ games. Wilson beat him. No way they would have given the keys to a 3rd round pick. Travaris Jackson was there as well. 

Matt Ryan was the only one towards the end of the season. Chris Redman was the vet QB.

Brett Hundley was Murray's vet. He played majority of the season in GB when Rodgers got hurt. 

TJ Yates was Watson's. 

I'll give you Matt Ryan and Murray, those are pretty good examples but they still had the chance to watch a vet QB set the example day 1 in camp then allowed them to see how it's done. They all also came from competitive conferences. 

Now if we're looking at those who had vets, Rodgers, Ben, Herbert, All the other rookies in this class, Mahomes, Jackson, Brady, Dak, Allen, and more had someone that could either challenge them or someone with enough starting experience to help the young QBs when it came to preparing and leading. We often see vets next to the rookies pointing things out. Those moments are helpful. 

Jets have Josh Johnson on PS.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Was I not the one who was suspect of his stats from college? And I wa told by countless members here that the talent he played in college didn’t matter. And just today he had more INTs than he did all last year. I guess level of competition does matter. I’ll accept apologies starting now

Will owe you an apology in 3 years.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I am the one who listed all the horrible teams he played last year, teams I never hear of before. So many of the teams he played against were no more than community colleges and that is the truth. Six weeks ago i listed all the school he played last year it was a joke. And people on this board said that did not matter REALLY