What to do at QB?!

hornbybrown

The big dilemma we have had since 1999 is still with us.

what should we do?

Free agent possibilities.

Make Cousins the highest paid QB ever and draft weapons. We can afford to,

Give Jimmy G a large contract and draft weapons.

I don’t see any other Free agents that can really make a impact.

Do we draft someone at the top of the draft. Do we stick with Kizer and give him weapons? 

My my personal favourite option is Cousins if he becomes available. I give him a blank check but I suspect he is going to the 49ers if he doesn’t stay in Washington.

IMO we have no greater priority than getting rid of Kenny Britt, he should of been released yesterday. 

Sign Cousins, draft the USC guy. 

Bring back Gordon, trade up for Barkley. 

Trade Kessler and hogan. 

sign a free safety. 

Sign a WR, Landry or someone else. 

50 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

IMO we have no greater priority than getting rid of Kenny Britt, he should of been released yesterday. 

Trade Kessler and hogan. 

sign a free safety. 

You would not get a cheese burger for Kessler and Hogan.  Gordon is a pipe dream.  We have too many holes to spend #1 overall pick on a QB and dish out the biggest contract in the history of the league to another QB.

Jimmy G is not leaving the Pats.

Cousins is going to San Fran.

Our only real option is draft the guy we evaluate as best at #1 overall, then try our best to fix the offense around him as well as possible with FA and the remaining picks.  Bring the O up to par with the D, let them gain experience, then in 2019 put on the finishing touches to make us a contender, which would be year 4 of a 4 year plan.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Trade Kessler and hogan. 

sign a free safety. 

Both QBs you mentioned will be in California next year. Cousins is going to San Francisco, and Darnold is staying at USC.

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Both QBs you mentioned will be in California next year. Cousins is going to San Francisco, and Darnold is staying at USC.

The more I think about it, the more I'd be surprised if Darnold stays. He'd lose out on a guaranteed year of NFL millions, technically $20m+ if you assume he'd get a big second contract. And he'd also risk torpedoing his draft stock and losing it all after spending another year under that terrible coaching with that overrated team. I think when it comes down to it, the spectre of Matt Barkley will loom large and he'll declare.

If he does, that's who I'd take. Cousins is a nice player with nice stats, he's a solid NFL QB but honestly I think that's all he is. Nothing about him strikes me as a guy who can bring you deep into the playoffs year in year out and have you contending for a title. The game against the Eagles the other day, he had nice stats, 3TD and 1 pick but playing against Wentz, I feel like he was made to look like what he is against the top competition... just a guy. I get the vibe from him that it would be another of those moves that takes you off the bottom and makes you an alright team. Improvement sure, but the type that never pushes through the ceiling. 

We've been so bad for so long that I'd rather accept the bigger risk in the hope of the bigger payoff and draft the top QB.

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

To me this Browns team is lacking so many offensive weapons, I almost like the idea of going after Cousins or JimmyG and drafting a bunch of top tier offensive prospects

This fanbase isn't patient enough for another rookie qb, they need a qb who can throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's week one.

On top of that, Cousins isn't a gamble really, he's proven he can play,

Sign Cousins, add a vet WR WHO CAN ACTUALLY PLAY, and draft BPA and this team is making a run at the playoffs next season IMO.

Cousins going to SF or staying in Washington

Darnold and Rosen my guess will come out, but I’m not sold on either 

I’d rather sign a vet QB and get as much talent around Kizer as possible. No FA QB is coming here especially with Joe Thomas possibly being out for good. 

But if we do draft a QB give me Lamar Jackson with Houston’s pick or Baker in the 2nd. 

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Cousins going to SF or staying in Washington

Darnold and Rosen my guess will come out, but I’m not sold on either 

I’d rather sign a vet QB and get as much talent around Kizer as possible. No FA QB is coming here especially with Joe Thomas possibly being out for good. 

But if we do draft a QB give me Lamar Jackson with Houston’s pick or Baker in the 2nd. 

I think it’s time to accept Kizer is what he is, and what he is going to be.  The same things that were exposed at ND are only getting further exposed and exploited each week that he plays and he is regressing.  Those are decision making, reads, fast processing mentally, and accuracy.

Cousins is not a guarantee to go to San Francisco or stay in Washington as so many claim. He is going to go to the team that gives him the contract with the most money and security. He has been playing without security for longer than any good QB I can ever remember. It will all come down to years and dollars.

6 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Cousins is not a guarantee to go to San Francisco or stay in Washington as so many claim. He is going to go to the team that gives him the contract with the most money and security. He has been playing without security for longer than any good QB I can ever remember. It will all come down to years and dollars.

hes been playin without security but on a franchise tag for 2 years so hes already made 40 million.  i think he goes to the best situatio nfor him.  maybe that is shanny.  we certainly can give the most money

Archived