GDT 9/19/21 Week 2: 0-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-0 Kansas City Chiefs

DreamKid

8 minutes ago, jpeter15 said:

I think Collinsworth touched on it but Chris Jones at DE was a game-changer for us. He seemed to always blow us up at DT where he was almost unblockable. Now playing DE against us he was effectively neutered trying to contain and play the RPO. Lamar seemed to have a lot of 8-9 yard gains navigating his way right up the middle and he probably isn't able to do that with Jones playing DT.

Yup. I thought out IOL would be tested by Jones, hadn’t realized he was foolishly moved over to DE. That only helps our squad.

Now we’ll have to probably wait until the Colts for our IOL to see a true game wrecking test along the inside (unless there’s someone unheralded and/or that I’m forgetting about along the way).

I cannot say enough good things about the game that Odafe Oweh just played. By far our best defensive player last night. On the flip side, I cannot say enough bad things about Malik Harrison and Patrick Queen. Those guys, once again against KC, looked completely lost in every phase of the game.

On the offensive side, Villanueva on the left side obviously helped him, so that's encouraging. Lamar really only looked like he had one mistake which was the INT into triple coverage. Outside of that, he looked damn good in the highlights and so did Hollywood.

• Like 6

The good, the bad and the fraudulent 

• LJ8 - That's the tweet
  • Odafe Oweh just balled out completely
  • Wink decided not to send a house that wasn't working
  • Double A put the straps to Hill
  • Roman learning its ok to allow Williams to continue to run the football (Surprised myself)
  • Harbaugh with the biggest grapefruits for the week
  • O-line looked ALOT better

The bad

• Defense giving up a ton of yards and 30+ points again
  • Them LB's, mang  Queen and Harrison as Seagulls alluded too looked completely dumpster

The Fraudulent

• Folks still not putting respeck on my mans LJ8

Hopefully, we can ride this momentum and handle business against the Lions. Roman, please, KEEP RUNNING THE FOOTBALL and let LJ8 do what he do, por favor.

Let's go, boys!

• Like 5

I will certainly take that Hollywood performance, but that one slant route against the blitz I felt like he could/should have taken to the house if he was 100%. Mathieu shouldn't be able to bring him down from behind.

Especially since the Chiefs receivers had like magic wards against tackling with less open field after their catches.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

Honestly I’m not seeing the terrible LB play from Patrick Queen. I felt it’s a difficult position and he did about as well as I’d expect to see a LB do against Mahomes… outside of that one terrible play where he played so far off the RB.

Harrison however, in 1v1 was certainly taken to the blender a couple occasions by Kelce, for sure- but again, that’s a difficult task for a corner, I feel that experience should only allow him to get better. But I can’t fault him there too much.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Honestly I’m not seeing the terrible LB play from Patrick Queen. I felt it’s a difficult position and he did about as well as I’d expect to see a LB do against Mahomes… outside of that one terrible play where he played so far off the RB.

Harrison however, in 1v1 was certainly taken to the blender a couple occasions by Kelce, for sure- but again, that’s a difficult task for a corner, I feel that experience should only allow him to get better. But I can’t fault him there too much.

Fair enough - 50% blame to Harrison for being bad and 50% blame on Wink for thinking Harrison can hang with Kelce. Although, our gameplan was clearly to eliminate Tyreek Hill and make everyone else beat us.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

There was probably 3 instances where he looked VERY bad last night but overall, he has far more excellent plays than bad. He's in game 18 as a pro and he's flashed some greatness. Just needs to clean up a couple things. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

love to having been wrong about this game. pheew. team has amazing chemistry and feeds off of themselves. not sure how long or often this can mask injuries and schematically bloopers but games like this makes me love the game.

h/e

how do they develop LJ the passer? He can't read defenses for ish. 

Is this based of that one play that Collinsworth got exasperated about where he could have had like a 6 yard completion to Andrews instead of an incomplete? Lamar sees the field well. Missing some throws is still his biggest issue.