The Taylor Heinecke Thread

lavar703

I don’t foresee him having an awful game, we only play a few good to great defenses this year (Saints, Broncos & Bucs), it’s more the offenses we’re playing and why we may not have as good a year.

I have a hard time seeing Heinicke lose his starting job as I expect him to continue to play the way he did vs the Bucs, the last 3 quarters of the Chargers game & vs the Giants.

I’ll be really upset if Heinicke is throwing for 250-350 yards a game and a TD or two a game w/ little turnovers & they bench him for Fitzpatrick just because Fitz was our week 1 starter. Heinicke could be our future starter, for years to come - or at least in the mix - Fitz is at best a bridge QB till we find a good starter, who could be Heinicke…

Edited by turtle28

Not sure the need for a player-specific thread like this, but I'm not a mod anymore, so *shrug*. Given that he's the starting QB, he's going to be the main topic of most WFT-centric conversations for the foreseeable future barring injury.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We don’t have one of these and he’s most likely starting until week 10 or so. I thought maybe we should have a thread dedicated to his rise or potentially his fall. I think so far the Heinecke thing has been fascinating. 

I think he’s at least a good backup who knows the system, and can come in and make a spark with his legs.  However, I wonder what it looks like here in 2-3 weeks when opposing DCs finally “catch up” to him.  Right now, there isn’t much film on him, but that is going to change very quickly.  And his lack of arm strength is going to be a real hindrance, especially when they rebuilt the receiving corps to get downfield and take advantage of deep throws. 

I imagine that if TH is playing well, Fitzpatrick isn’t coming back in when he comes back.  If he is playing poorly, it depends on the team’s record at the time.  My money, however, is on this coaching staff giving Allen one more shot if that’s the case.  

Either way, I think the Fitzpatrick era is done here.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I imagine that if TH is playing well, Fitzpatrick isn’t coming back in when he comes back.  If he is playing poorly, it depends on the team’s record at the time.  My money, however, is on this coaching staff giving Allen one more shot if that’s the case.  

Either way, I think the Fitzpatrick era is done here.  

Unless Allen breaks again, you are probably right.

At least in htat horrible case, we know that they'll need a whole new QB room.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

I see that happening because I don’t see it with TH.  I do think the NFL is going to catch up to him in a couple weeks.  As you said in another thread, you have to start with the QB.  We need a long-term QB and a LT to protect his blindside.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I see that happening because I don’t see it with TH.  I do think the NFL is going to catch up to him in a couple weeks.  As you said in another thread, you have to start with the QB.  We need a long-term QB and a LT to protect his blindside.  

You're probably right. I'm just being unreasonably optimistic that a guy who bounced around the league for five years just happened to put it together because no one would give him his shot.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

You're probably right. I'm just being unreasonably optimistic that a guy who bounced around the league for five years just happened to put it together because no one would give him his shot.

That kind of story happens much more in baseball with your Jose Bautista’s and Justin Turner’s of the world.  It is rare for it to happen in the NFL, and when it happens, it certainly isn’t going to happen with us.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That kind of story happens much more in baseball with your Jose Bautista’s and Justin Turner’s of the world.  It is rare for it to happen in the NFL, and when it happens, it certainly isn’t going to happen with us.  

dont-rain-on-my-parade-funny-animals.gif

but

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I think Nap is saying Allen would get to play if Heinicke starts performing poorly bc defenses figure out how to defend him I’ve over the next few weeks. Then, enter Allen who is healthy enough to play now. So, he’d get one more chance to prove he can be more than a back up - just like Heinicke is getting now - so, Allen would get that chance it wouldn’t be about his injury now, bc he’s healthy enough to play and is just one play away from playing.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

It’s entirely possible, but also unlikely at the same time. I hope like Crazy Heinicke can be our Joe Theismann (that’s another QB he plays like) but, I don’t really believe it will happen because well “Redskins.” 😂 

Edited by turtle28

I’ll take an average starter for the rest of the season or longer as a former UDFA QB who’s on a 2-year team friendly deal! If this defense plays better & up to its ability we may have a NFCE Division Championship again & Heinicke will start his 2nd playoff game at home!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1