Game 2: Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers MNF

Louis Friend

55 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Disappointing second half. Anzalone is bad. I hope Melifonwu isn't injured. We need receivers, safeties, linebackers. 

We need pass rush.  We need all those other things too but we need a world beater at pass rusher.  We just haven’t had a player like that since Suh. 

The lack of WRs is a huge issue IMO.  These guys don't get open regularly and have very small windows to put the ball into.  St Brown has been disappointing but again, he is probably a #3 playing the role of a #1.  Same with Cephus.  Would be nice to have some playmakers in there.

But the defense is the biggest weakness for sure.  LBs are bad, CBs are bad, S is bad, and pass rush is super disappointing.  Flowers and Okwara at OLB are about as big of a waste of money as anyone in the NFL two games into the season.  We need about 7 new starters on D, so hoping they can have some roster turnover there next offseason and find some WRs too. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The lack of WRs is a huge issue IMO.  These guys don't get open regularly and have very small windows to put the ball into.  St Brown has been disappointing but again, he is probably a #3 playing the role of a #1.  Same with Cephus.  Would be nice to have some playmakers in there.

But the defense is the biggest weakness for sure.  LBs are bad, CBs are bad, S is bad, and pass rush is super disappointing.  Flowers and Okwara at OLB are about as big of a waste of money as anyone in the NFL two games into the season.  We need about 7 new starters on D, so hoping they can have some roster turnover there next offseason and find some WRs too. 

The team put up a good first half fight. Unfortunately, they don't have the starting talent to overcome mistakes let alone the depth to overcome injuries.

I could be in the minority but I believe that even if we finish with a top 3 pick, we should be targeting someone like Thibodeaux as opposed to drafting a Rattler/Howell/insert QB here. Goff was playing well enough to show that he isn't the biggest issue on the roster. The return of Decker and some WR's should help the offense become that much better. We're down to PS guys all throughout the secondary. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yup. WR is a huge issue. We have a bunch of solid slot receivers but we have to force some of them to play outside and that's just not the best role for them. Even Cephus and St-Brown are probably best suited as "big slot" types of guys. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The team put up a good first half fight. Unfortunately, they don't have the starting talent to overcome mistakes let alone the depth to overcome injuries.

I could be in the minority but I believe that even if we finish with a top 3 pick, we should be targeting someone like Thibodeaux as opposed to drafting a Rattler/Howell/insert QB here. Goff was playing well enough to show that he isn't the biggest issue on the roster. The return of Decker and some WR's should help the offense become that much better. We're down to PS guys all throughout the secondary. 

I'm really liking Aidan Hutchison.  I think he is going to be a stud in the NFL. But I'm with you. I don't want a qb with the first pick. Nor do I want a cb, or a wr.  I want a dline hog molly who can get after the qb.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I am not really sold on any of the purported 1st round quarterbacks right now and thinking getting one just to get one would be a mistake. Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are definitely where I would be looking based on how bad this defense is playing (also Kyle Hamilton). With the Rams pick there might be a good opportunity to grab a wide receiver, like Justyn Ross or Garrett Wilson.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

I am not really sold on any of the purported 1st round quarterbacks right now and thinking getting one just to get one would be a mistake. Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are definitely where I would be looking based on how bad this defense is playing (also Kyle Hamilton). With the Rams pick there might be a good opportunity to grab a wide receiver, like Justyn Ross or Garrett Wilson.

That second pick is going to be fun to talk about. A WR might be good, but I'd really like a stud LB there. Wouldn't mind another good looking DB there either.  Hard to argue against a good WR there though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

Unless you estimate they're going to be a top 10 or top 12 guy, build out the roster, adding depth and talent. We can then draft someone or trade for a proven guy and plug him in to a solid roster (as the Rams did with Stafford).