Game 2: Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers MNF

Louis Friend

11 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Goff has all the talent in the world but you can really see that there could be something missing. Maybe we can get him on Adderall. 😉

He's so damn frustrating. He was playing unstoppable football in the first half and then completely fell apart when it started raining hard. He should have put gloves on. He has never fared well in the rain. I love the guy, but he makes baffling decisions.

• Like 2

Looking at PFF Grades through week 2, albeit I dont have premium access, but somethings standing out. 

• Frank Ragnow is the highest rated C in the NFL with an 84.9 grade.  He has a 92.1 run blocking grade and a 61.9 pass blocking grade
  • TJ Hockenson is the third highest TE with an 81.8
  • Jared Goff is the 25th rated QB, part of that seems to be caused by not having a single WR above a 65. 
  • Deandre Swift and Jamaal Williams are almost identical in rating in the high 60s
  • Penei Sewell is the 13th ranked OT however his rating is lower than Deckers the last two years. 
  • Our OGs are both 60 or lower.
  • Alex Anzalone has been worse than Tavai through 2 games with a 28.7 rating
  • Trey Flowers is our highest rated defender with a 71.8.  
  • AJ Parker is our highest rated CB, by far
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Looking at PFF Grades through week 2, albeit I dont have premium access, but somethings standing out. 

• Frank Ragnow is the highest rated C in the NFL with an 84.9 grade.  He has a 92.1 run blocking grade and a 61.9 pass blocking grade
  • TJ Hockenson is the third highest TE with an 81.8
  • Jared Goff is the 25th rated QB, part of that seems to be caused by not having a single WR above a 65. 
  • Deandre Swift and Jamaal Williams are almost identical in rating in the high 60s
  • Penei Sewell is the 13th ranked OT however his rating is lower than Deckers the last two years. 
  • Our OGs are both 60 or lower.
  • Alex Anzalone has been worse than Tavai through 2 games with a 28.7 rating
  • Trey Flowers is our highest rated defender with a 71.8.  
  • AJ Parker is our highest rated CB, by far

This takes absolute dedication to achieve.

You guys might already be aware of this dude but I just discovered him on YT. 

It's a pretty good look/breakdown on some of our key issues. 

Not a good look for Tracy Walker but it does give me hope for the former Orange CB when he returns back from injury. I don't know if I totally buy in on Valenti's rant about 11 new starters on defense but we probably need at least 8 or 9. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Not a good look for Tracy Walker but it does give me hope for the former Orange CB when he returns back from injury. I don't know if I totally buy in on Valenti's rant about 11 new starters on defense but we probably need at least 8 or 9. 

I think we need 7-8 new starters for sure, with another 1 or 2 more that could be upgraded.  Its hard because some rookies will develop and also its hard to judge one player when he has trash surrounding him.  I am hoping Levi and Alim develop into solid starters.  Flowers isn't horrid but not sure he fits this defense and can be productive if surrounded by decent players.  Barnes hopefully gets more snaps if we move Collins.  I knew we were bad I just want to see improvement at this point from young guys so we can find something to build around going forward.  

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think we need 7-8 new starters for sure, with another 1 or 2 more that could be upgraded.  Its hard because some rookies will develop and also its hard to judge one player when he has trash surrounding him.  I am hoping Levi and Alim develop into solid starters.  Flowers isn't horrid but not sure he fits this defense and can be productive if surrounded by decent players.  Barnes hopefully gets more snaps if we move Collins.  I knew we were bad I just want to see improvement at this point from young guys so we can find something to build around going forward.  

A guy to keep your eyes on, UDFA AJ Parker. He's quietly having a great start to his career. 

25 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

A guy to keep your eyes on, UDFA AJ Parker. He's quietly having a great start to his career. 

I almost went back and edited my post to mention him.  He has been a bright spot but is that because the others are so bad he isnt getting picked on?  I mean when its Walker vs Davante Adams or Parker vs MVS, I'll take the Adams option.  But still, its exciting to have someone playing decent on D.  I believe he is the highest rated defender per PFF. 

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Good omen for Melifonwu. Not a good omen for Walker. Hopefully, they'll get better at this stuff when they get more comfortable in the scheme.

• Like 1