BDL 2021 Week 2 - Lancaster Werewolves @ Cancun Kaiju

SirA1

Who Wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Lancaster Werewolves
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/23/2021 at 03:59 AM

BDL 2021 Week 1

Match:  Lancaster Werewolves @ Cancun Kaiju

Away Owner: @rackcs

Home Owner:  @Blue

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Lancaster Werewolves

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Miles Sanders
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Michael Pittman Jr. (Q)
WR: Diontae Johnson
TE: George Kittle
LT: Terron Armstead
LG: Quenton Nelson (Q)
😄 Frank Ragnow
RG: Robert Hunt
RT: Lane Johnson

QB: Jared Goff
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: A.J. Dillon
WR: Quez Watkins
WR: Michael Strachan
TE: Anthony Firkser (Q)
OL: Jason Peters (Q)
OL: Ereck Flowers

DE: Joey Bosa
DT: Javon Kinlaw (Q)
DT: Kenny Clark
DE: TJ Watt
LB: Bobby Wagner
LB: Fred Warner
CB: Jalen Ramsey
CB: Jaire Alexander
CB: Kindle Vildor
FS: Taylor Rapp
SS: Jonathan Abram

INT: Brandon Williams
INT: Justin Madubuike
INT:
EDGE: Pernell McPhee
EDGE: Clelin Ferrell
LB:
CB: Kevin King
S: Vonn Bell

Cancun Kaiju

QB Patrick Mahomes

RB Carlos Hyde

WR Courtland Sutton

WR Elijah Moore

Slot WR Sterling Shepard

TE Austin Hooper

LT Brian O’Neill

LG AJ Cann

C Rodney Hudson

RG Hala Vaitai

RT Alex Leatherwood

OW Taysom Hill

RB2 Rhamondre Stevenson  Inactive

FB Kyle Juszczyk

WR4 Josh Reynolds

WR5 Jakobi Meyers

TE2 Dalton Schultz

TE3 David Njoku

OT Morgan Moses

DE Preston Smith

DT Larry Ogunjobi

DT Akiem Hicks

DE Robert Quinn

LB TJ Edwards

LB Elandon Roberts

CB Tre’Davious White

CB Byron Jones

CB Michael Davis

FS Kevin Byard

SS Jordan Fuller

DE3 Greg Rousseau

DE4 Derek Barnett

DT3 Rashard Lawrence

LB3 Ernest Jones

LB4 David Long

CB4 Darius Phillips

S3 Quandre Diggs

S4 Jalen Thompson

Lancaster Werewolves

Lancaster Offensive Strategy:

This week we want to use a balanced offensive approach to attack a Cancun defense with a few weak spots. We specifically want to target his LBs as a weak point in both the passing game and running game. We’re going to pass early to spread out the defense and hopefully put some points on the board early before switching to a more balanced offensive attack and doing some clock control as we utilize the running game more often.

In the passing game we’re going to do a lot of splitting out George Kittle and Miles Sanders wide to find mismatches on LBs. When Wilson sees those we want him to target those guys. That’s where we think we’ll see the most success. We also want to use players like Diontae Johnson and Sanders on screen passes so we can get blockers out in front of them and give them room to make plays.

As for our WRs, we’re going to mostly have them operate in the short and intermediate parts of the field. We’ll take a couple of deep shots during the game to keep Cancun honest but mostly keep it underneath and allow our guys to operate on slants and out routes and things of that nature. Ultimately we want to spread the ball around as we think all of our guys can have wins in the passing game and nobody is going to really get shut down.

In the running game we want to attack the outside and test the sideline-to-sideline ability of their linebackers. We’re going to do tosses and sweeps to the outside, get blockers like Quenton Nelson pulling for our RBs. Early in the game we’re going to use Miles Sanders more because of his ability to be used in the passing attack, but when we switch to a more balanced offensive approach later in the game and start running more, we’re going to be mixing in Fournette more and even get Dillon a couple of snaps. We’ll be doing more inside runs when those two are in.

Lancaster Defensive Strategy:

To be frank, we aren’t really worried at all about the Cancun running game and plan to key in on the pass this week. While we don’t think their collection of RBs will perform as poorly this weekend as last weekend, we ultimately think we can minimize the effectiveness of their ground game with minimal scheming.

In coverage, Jalen Ramsey will cover Courtland Sutton, Jaire Alexander will cover Sterling Shepherd, and Kindle Vildor will cover Elijah Moore or whoever the third WR starter is. Fred Warner will cover Hooper or Schultz and Wagner will cover their RB when they come out of the backfield. Abram will be playing in the box and acting as a QB spy, ready to be all over Mahomes when he starts scrambling. We’ll be using Taylor Rapp in a variety of roles depending on the situation. If we think the offense is going deep they’ll be playing a deep zone, if we think they’re going short he’ll be play a shallow middle zone and things of that nature.

Finally we think the biggest key matchup for us on defense will be our defensive line going against their OL. We’re not sure who Cancun is starting at LT this week (we’re assuming Leatherwood?) but either way our pass rushers will get theirs. We expect to get plenty of pressure on Mahomes from the outside but also from the inside, particularly if Kinlaw is able to play, which it looks like he will. We think this matchup will be the big difference in both the passing and running game as we think we’ll have lots of success against them.

Cancun Kaiju

Offense:

This week, we’re lining up in four and five WR sets heavily to take advantage of a weak safety group and a lack of depth at the cornerback position. Kindle Vildor and Kevin King are matchups we can definitely exploit in coverage, especially if Lancaster decides to bracket someone over the top of Jaire Alexander again.

We’ll mix this up with a power running game utilizing a fullback and three tight end sets. Although the starting lineup of Lancaster is quite stout, the edge depth is totally nonexistent, so if we can run the ball heavily to the outside, we will wear down those pass rushers and make things easier on our tackles for the rest of the game. Taysom Hill and David Njoku will mix in as the third TE on these sets and we’ll throw in some PA and run-pass options out of the three TE looks to try to catch the defense napping and prevent us from getting too predictable.

When we do go with a more traditional 3WR/1TE/1RB set, it’ll be with Hill or Juszczyk at back and utilize motion to give us an idea of the coverage scheme. We want to know whether we’re facing man or zone coverage on these plays, and Mahomes will have a run-pass audible based on what he sees.

Defense:

Going up against Lancaster this week, we expect them to come in and spread us out with Russell Wilson, Mike Evans, Pittman Jr., Diontae Johnson, and George Kittle. Miles Sanders and Leonard Fournette don't add much of a punch offensively, but we expect that they'll try to exploit our linebackers a bit with Fournette running the ball on early downs.

We were able to execute last week's gameplan very well, and plan on sticking in our Nickel/Big Nickel personnel for most of the game. 

We expect them to try to get Kittle up the seam in the playaction game, while utilizing him as a plus blocker on early run downs. We love our matchups on the outside with White and Jones in man/press man situations (as well as Quarters with 4 wide if they split Kittle out), while mixing in Cover 2 and Cover 4 to keep Russell Honest.

Man/Press Man/Quarter Check:

3SafetyVs2x2.png

COVER 2:

16b1cf6a03a8187c285f53e45f6f69df_crop_no

COVER 4:

494b54a577d7e39b53410966bdb38df4_crop_no

Notice, you cannot see any real discernable difference pre-snap in the base alignment, allowing us a lot of creativity in coverage allowing us to be opportunistic on forcing turnovers and making Russell go through his progressions, eliminating presnap flood route checks and audibles.

We will utilize a lot of the same blitz looks that we typically do, while occasionally sending some heat from the single WR side, specifically RW's throwing side as well as stunting the DE to maintain containment:

http://a.espncdn.com/NFL/17-2.16- Ravens Zone Blitz.jpg 

and

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rxIoHgU2BB4/TR4_y6n29FI/AAAAAAAAAYw/pToiS6Kcqjc/s1600/pyscho+3.gif

and If they plan on utilizing the running game from Russ, we will be fitting like this, giving us a +1 on the edge

Tite-vs-ZN-RD-Bub.png?resize=840,630&ssl

Note, we will be able to neutralize a lot of boot action passes and playcalls altogether by doing some of the above.

In principle, I think Cancun had the right idea trying to run a lot. But they have one RB on the roster and he's Carlos Hyde.  Also not at very least sliding the line to the help Leatherwood against the those pass rushers. Yikes. I like the defensive gameplanned even though the wr screens against the cover four look are gonna world well the rest of the time. shouldn't be too bad.   I think Lancaster just has too much here 

Lancaster 27-13

35 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

In principle, I think Cancun had the right idea trying to run a lot. But they have one RB on the roster and he's Carlos Hyde.  Also not at very least sliding the line to the help Leatherwood against the those pass rushers. Yikes. I like the defensive gameplanned even though the wr screens against the cover four look are gonna world well the rest of the time. shouldn't be too bad.   I think Lancaster just has too much here 

Lancaster 27-13

What help are we supposed to be sliding in a 4WR set?

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Slide your line to his side so he has help from a guard. Admittedly leaving o Neil one on one isn't awesome either. Or even chip the edge with the RB/leave him in entirely 

Did I say somewhere that we're sliding help to O'Neill's side? Or do you just think one guard is going to be standing there with his thumb up his *** the whole game?

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Did I say somewhere that we're sliding help to O'Neill's side? Or do you just think one guard is going to be standing there with his thumb up his *** the whole game?

no, you didn't mention helping either tackle at all against two of the best edge rushers in football.  Which is the point with your tackle pairing

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

no, you didn't mention helping either tackle at all against two of the best edge rushers in football.  Which is the point with your tackle pairing

So you just assume that one of my guards is going to stand there being useless all the time, cool

1 minute ago, Blue said:

So you just assume that one of my guards is going to stand there being useless all the time, cool

Lol 

Your guards blocking the guys across from them with center help which is the default offensive line move?   Or are you sliding the line to help the tackle giving everyone else one on ones.  I have to assume the former unless you tell me different 

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Lol 

Your guards blocking the guys across from them with center help which is the default offensive line move?   Or are you sliding the line to help the tackle giving everyone else one on ones.  I have to assume the former unless you tell me different 

The center and/or QB is going to make line calls based on what they see, like every professional offense does.

I think the plan to run a lot to wear down the Lancaster defense is a good one, but as pointed out Cancun only has 1 RB, and I think in the end he's going to end up wearing his back out before he wears out an entire defensive line. 

I like the concept Blue is going to use to bottle up Russ, I enjoy defenses that can use interchangeable pieces at a joker spot. I think in the end the lancaster defensive line is going to control this entire game. And while Sutton went off this week, he wasn't matched up with Ramsey.