Week 2 Overreactions

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Is a rotation of Chark, Shenault, Jones Jr, Robinson, Hyde that bad? Like is that even bottom 5?

Last year I thought it was a pretty strong rotation.  I was concerned the Jags and a good QB would be dangerous immediately.

But rookies gonna rookie.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is a rotation of Chark, Shenault, Jones Jr, Robinson, Hyde that bad? Like is that even bottom 5?

WR group has struggled with separation, especially Chark and Shenault. And again, 7 drops through 2 games.

Think this past week we just happened to go through a buzz saw that is Denver’s defense., which has probably the best secondary in the NFL. They put the clamps on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

WR group has struggled with separation, especially Chark and Shenault. And again, 7 drops through 2 games.

Think this past week we just happened to go through a buzz saw that is Denver’s defense., which has probably the best secondary in the NFL. They put the clamps on.

Meh, drops I think even out.  AJ Brown is one of the league's top receivers, and he dropped like four catches against the Seahawks.

But back to the spirit of the thread, all the rookie QBs are busts:

Lawrence: 4 TDs to 5 INTs, 50% completion percentage, QBR of 25  Bust
Wilson: 2 TDs to 5 INTs, 39/70, and QBR of 22.5  Bust
Lance: 5 yards total, QBR of 7.5  Bust
Fields: No TDs and an INT, QBR of 7.3  Bust

Mac Jones: 51 of 69, no INTs, QBR of 96.7  Stud

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Chark is weird. I cant figure him out. He does seem to be a good WR, but he is QB dependent. There are a lot of WRs in the NFL who have proven to be 'QB proof' I dont think Chark is one of them.

Viska is always going to struggle with separation because route running has never been his forte. He reminds me a ton of Cordarelle Patterson in the sense that he is a Jack of all trades and can make plays with the ball in his hands. He is at his best when the ball is already in hands, not all of the stuff that leads up to getting the ball in his hands. Its almost like he is a RB that is good enough to be put at WR.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

No, not at all. 

Hyde isn't great, but he's fine enough. 

But Chark, Shenault, and Jones is a very talented 3 WR set. They may lack a true #1, but having 3 legit #2's is more than a lot of teams could ask for. 

Rookie QB, meh to not good O-line, and Urb are negative factors though 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar Jackson Surprised GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar Jackson Surprised GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If you really think that’s even a “take” at this point I’m not really sure what else to say…

If you want to argue for a different secondary go for it, but that unit they have is elite.

31 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If you really think that’s even a “take” at this point I’m not really sure what else to say…

If you want to argue for a different secondary go for it, but that unit they have is elite.

they have potential but in reality Baltimore's secondary has proven time and time again to be the best. I don't think games against the Giants and Jaguars really tell us much about Denver's defense, or secondary.

22 hours ago, MagicMT said:

The Jamal Adams trade was a disaster for the Seahawks franchise (2x 1st rounder & more + highest paid safety in the league!? And you have to blitz him 10x per game just for him to get some counting stats ...) and the defense will never be above average while he's playing for the team. 

Is he doing that bad? He basically carried our defense in 2019. It was with blitzes though