Brady's Top 10 Games

Hunter2_1

In light of Boomtower's injury, thought I'd bring some positivity back. NFL films just released a video of what they consider to be Brady's top 10 games. It's surprisingly accurate;

10. "We're on to Cincinnati"

Brady responds to week-long "he's done" hot takes and startles the Bengals. Opening drive was sheer brutality and classic "make them pay" Brady

9. First game back since missing entire season

Vs Buffalo. It was looking bad, he got off to a slow pace and it looked like Buff were well in it. Then takes the dagger to the Bills at 24-13 down, and makes it 25-24

8. AFC CG 2014

Vs Baltimore. It was the team that seemed to have our number in big games, but Brady had a good game and put up nearly 400 yards with 4 TDs. Twice down by 14, and twice brings us back. 

7. Superbowl 38

What turns into a shootout, and young Brady keeps coming down the field and answers. Classic game winning drive. Championship winning drives.

6. 59-0

5 TDs in one quarter. (did you know that was wk 6....that snow....). Comes off field, laughs and says "that was fun :) "

5. 2013 comeback in the 14th Brady/Manning bowl

This is the second best comeback I've seen. Denver were killing us, 24-0 down to an in-form Manning team. Brady comes out and zips it everywhere, with some lovely playmaking by Jules. Was helped by Welker and Peyton not liking the cold, tbf

4. Superbowl 49

24-14 down early in 4th Q, another championship drive. Threw the ball 50 times against the best defense, completely out-intellects them. Many thought this cemented his legacy as the GOAT. Again though, helped by externals

3. Tuck Rule Game

First career post-season game. Not sure why it's this high, maybe because he competed 100% of passing in OT and it settled any doubts

2. Superbowl 36

Rams tied game in 4th Q, and Brady come back with one of the most important drives in Super Bowl history. No time outs, 17 yard line, green QB, Madden going "play for OT", and Brady plays like a 10 year vet. We don't win Super Bowl if he doesn't escape the pressure on the first snap. The drive was a clock-management masterclass. Madden: "what Tom Brady just did, gives me goosebumps".

1. Superbowl 51

No comment.

So, does this look right to you? Mine's slightly different, it's missing a couple. May do my list shortly. 

7 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I'm not sure Superbowl 36 should be there - and certainly wouldn't put it number 2.

It was the situation and the final drive. No time outs, 17 yard line, he's never done it before, "play for OT" etc. Every play of the drive was crucial, and he does one thing wrong, it's not a GWD. And it being his first. I'm giving it for the situation rather the whole performance.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It was the situation and the final drive. No time outs, 17 yard line, he's never done it before, "play for OT" etc. Every play of the drive was crucial, and he does one thing wrong, it's not a GWD. And it being his first. I'm giving it for the situation rather the whole performance.

That's true, it should probably be there.

I still think 1 and 2 should be SB 49 and 51. The 2 biggest comebacks in SB history, including one against the best defensive team of this decade.

How has no one mentioned his coming out party? 2001 in San Diego. That was the first glimpse that he had franchise ability 

Too many great games to list but 2007 at Miami where he had a perfect passer rating, 2010 Thansgiving, 2009 vs Jacksonville, the shootout vs KC in 2002, Pittsburgh in 2013....so many incredible performances. 

22 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

That's true, it should probably be there.

I still think 1 and 2 should be SB 49 and 51. The 2 biggest comebacks in SB history, including one against the best defensive of this decade.

SB51 is interesting because his numbers were almost entirely piled up at the end of the game. The first 2.5 quarters he was playing pretty poorly by his standards and that pick 6 was one of his biggest mistakes ever. The ridiculous ending/comeback and the fact that it was the Super Bowl makes it one of his best games but they wouldn't have needed the comeback if he had been at his best early on.

In no way am I diminishing his performance. I truly believe he's the only QB playing today who could have engineered that comeback. But it's a tough game to evaluate in terms of its place in his all time best games. Same complaint about SB49 with the Wagner INT. 

How much is 1 or 1.5 insanely good quarters on the biggest stage worth compared to 4 amazing quarters of regular season action? 

He's been so good for so long that it's hard to come up with a definitive list. It really is something we'll never see again. 

18 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

How has no one mentioned his coming out party? 2001 in San Diego. That was the first glimpse that he had franchise ability 

Too many great games to list but 2007 at Miami where he had a perfect passer rating, 2010 Thansgiving, 2009 vs Jacksonville, the shootout vs KC in 2002, Pittsburgh in 2013....so many incredible performances. 

Trying to picture the 13 Steelers game. Any standouts to tip me off? 

For Super Bowl's 36 shouldn't be there. It's arguably his weakest Super Bowl. 

1. Super Bowl 51 vs Falcon

2. Super Bowl 49 vs Seahawks

3. 2014 Divisional rd vs Ravens

4. 2004 AFC CG vs Steelers

5. 2013 vs Broncos regular season

6. Super Bowl 38 vs Panthers

7. 2013 vs Saints

8. 2007 vs Dolphins

9. 2009 vs Titans

10. 2014 vs Cincinnati 

honorable mention:

2007 vs Jaguars

2007 vs Ravens

2007 vs Chargers

2007 vs Colts

2004 vs Colts

Super Bowl 36 if it must be involved. 

Tuck rule. Not a great game but one of the most important. 

5 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

SB51 is interesting because his numbers were almost entirely piled up at the end of the game. The first 2.5 quarters he was playing pretty poorly by his standards and that pick 6 was one of his biggest mistakes ever. The ridiculous ending/comeback and the fact that it was the Super Bowl makes it one of his best games but they wouldn't have needed the comeback if he had been at his best early on.

In no way am I diminishing his performance. I truly believe he's the only QB playing today who could have engineered that comeback. But it's a tough game to evaluate in terms of its place in his all time best games. Same complaint about SB49 with the Wagner INT. 

How much is 1 or 1.5 insanely good quarters on the biggest stage worth compared to 4 amazing quarters of regular season action? 

He's been so good for so long that it's hard to come up with a definitive list. It really is something we'll never see again. 

Well the thing is that his most important games were all close or tight comebacks. 

Otherwise you literally could list most of the 2007 season on the list and leave it at that. 51 is a game that will be remembered 50 years from now as the most improbable Super Bowl comeback ever and everyone will say it was because of how Brady played at the end. 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It might be, statistically, but think of the importance of it. 

It's important, but outside the last drive it really wasn't that impressive from Brady. For the Patriots overall yeah. I'm not even just talking statistically. If you wanted to show a game that proves how great Tom Brady is, that wouldn't be the one. 

But just for posterity sake

-Super Bowl 38 he essentially does the exact same thing only he played lights out in a shootout before it. 

-Super Bowl 39 he was about as impressive as he ever played in the big game.

-Super Bowl 49 he drove for a game winning TD to match the largest comeback in SuperBowl history against a defense who was going to be considered the best since the steel curtain had they won. 

- Super Bowl 51 he overcame a 25 point deficit from the late third quarter on capping the game off with a TD drive and a two point conversion, a 90 plus yard TD drive and 2 pt conversion to send the game into overtime, and a TD drive in the first ever overtime in Super Bowl history. 

Archived