Brady's Top 10 Games

Hunter2_1

@  Bears in 2010 could be another on the list or on the fringe. It was wicked cold and ridiculously windy. The whole stadium could not believe that the Patriots came out and started throwing it around, and that Brady was able to get those passes through the wind. Probably some personal bias because I was at the game.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

It's important, but outside the last drive it really wasn't that impressive from Brady. For the Patriots overall yeah. I'm not even just talking statistically. If you wanted to show a game that proves how great Tom Brady is, that wouldn't be the one. 

But just for posterity sake

-Super Bowl 38 he essentially does the exact same thing only he played lights out in a shootout before it. 

-Super Bowl 39 he was about as impressive as he ever played in the big game.

-Super Bowl 49 he drove for a game winning TD to match the largest comeback in SuperBowl history against a defense who was going to be considered the best since the steel curtain had they won. 

- Super Bowl 51 he overcame a 25 point deficit from the late third quarter on capping the game off with a TD drive and a two point conversion, a 90 plus yard TD drive and 2 pt conversion to send the game into overtime, and a TD drive in the first ever overtime in Super Bowl history. 

With Super Bowl 51, he certainly wasn't great for 3 quarters. It's that 1 quarter of redefining history that has put it number 1 for me, but the whole game? James White arguably should have won the MVP.

Don't get me wrong though, S51 is top for me as well, just because of the magnitude of the thing. Further cementing of GOAT status as well.

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

@  Bears in 2010 could be another on the list or on the fringe. It was wicked cold and ridiculously windy. The whole stadium could not believe that the Patriots came out and started throwing it around, and that Brady was able to get those passes through the wind. Probably some personal bias because I was at the game.

Oh yeah, actually. 2010 needs some more love, he was unreal. 

40 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

With Super Bowl 51, he certainly wasn't great for 3 quarters. It's that 1 quarter of redefining history that has put it number 1 for me, but the whole game? James White arguably should have won the MVP.

Don't get me wrong though, S51 is top for me as well, just because of the magnitude of the thing. Further cementing of GOAT status as well.

Well in Super Bowl 51 Brady went 43/62 (breaking the record for completions) for 466 yards (breaking the yardage record in a single game) and had a 95 passer rating and a 69 completion percentage. 

I mean compare that to 36 where he had 27 less completions, 321 less yards (in a game where Kurt Warner broke the record for yards in a Super Bowl at the time, a 10% lower completion percentage, and a 9 point lower passer rating and 1 less TD and you could legitimately argue Brady did something historic in 1 quarter that dwarfed what many did in a whole game for 51, while in 36 he had one good drive for a field goal at the end of the game. Brady wasn't great for all 3 quarters. But that's a fantastic game for most QB's, more so when you realize how much of it was in gut check time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived