Game Balls and Jock Straps: Dallas at Chargers

HDsportsfan

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The defense overall - Yes we won, but it was terrible. Herbert often had all day to throw and picked us apart on what seemed like every third down. 

You take away one ticky tacky DPI and Herb ends the game with 3 turnovers and no TDs. Chargers fans said our defense won us the game......

What are your expectations for the defense that you think we performed badly? Because we played like a top 15 defense with a bottom 5 defensive roster (last year, at least). 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

most/many on here feel A Brown is not playing well. So why not bench him?? what is he doing that the coaching staff likes and keeps playing him??

Probably not confident in whats behind him. 

That or they want him to play through the slump and get his head right.

Hard to know from a distance. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Probably not confident in whats behind him. 

That or they want him to play through the slump and get his head right.

Hard to know from a distance. 

well what's behind him may be unknown I guess, But AB really hasn't been impressive for over a year I think. Maybe my memory is foggy, but has he ever been impressive for more than a few games stretch??

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

well what's behind him may be unknown I guess, But AB really hasn't been impressive for over a year I think. Maybe my memory is foggy, but has he ever been impressive for more than a few games stretch??

Impressive? probably not. But he has never been this bad with us. This is probably his worst 2 game stretch I can remember. 

GB..   Pollard, Zeke, Lamb, Schultz, Martin, Steele, Parson, LVE, Owe, Kearse, Diggs.

HM DAK.. bad interception and some poor decisions with the ball prevented a game ball. 

ZS..  Refs, 

HM.  Brown, Jaylon.  With an assist from coaching. I though both were put in spots that made it difficult for them to perform.  Expecting Brown to cover a top flight WR with speed man to man on the edge with zero help is a huge mistake unless in the red zone. Brown made some plays close to the LOS in coverage but is exposed covering the GO route.  Expecting Jaylon to be 10-12 yards off the LOS and cover is also a recipe for disaster.   That just is not a skill set Jaylon has. Jaylon made some good plays when close to the LOS, but was also exposed badly when playing off the LOS. 

Side comment....

I understand the "hate" on Zeke based on what we are paying him but Zeke is a better true RB and I thought did a good job getting the "hard" yards.  Pollard also was excellent as a change of pace making plays when the D was not focused on "stopping" him. 

2 minutes ago, quiller said:

GB..   Pollard, Zeke, Lamb, Schultz, Martin, Steele, Parson, LVE, Owe, Kearse, Diggs.

HM DAK.. bad interception and some poor decisions with the ball prevented a game ball. 

ZS..  Refs, 

HM.  Brown, Jaylon.  With an assist from coaching. I though both were put in spots that made it difficult for them to perform.  Expecting Brown to cover a top flight WR with speed man to man on the edge with zero help is a huge mistake unless in the red zone. Brown made some plays close to the LOS in coverage but is exposed covering the GO route.  Expecting Jaylon to be 10-12 yards off the LOS and cover is also a recipe for disaster.   That just is not a skill set Jaylon has. Jaylon made some good plays when close to the LOS, but was also exposed badly when playing off the LOS. 

Side comment....

I understand the "hate" on Zeke based on what we are paying him but Zeke is a better true RB and I thought did a good job getting the "hard" yards.  Pollard also was excellent as a change of pace making plays when the D was not focused on "stopping" him. 

I missed the 1st half on TV but was listening via Sirius/XM. Brad said on that 1st quarter pick that Lamb was coming off the field patting his own chest indicating it was his fault. As in he went the wrong way. I don't though, I still haven't seen that play.