Should Micah Parsons be switched permanently to DE??

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I just want him rushing the passer on every 3rd down plays at minimum. Or obvious passing situations. Or if the other team is trailing and needing to pass. He gets in their lightning quick. Hopefully he can make other D-lineman better when teams start focusing on him. 

He can do so much more on 3rd down than rushing on the edge. He can blitz up the middle, he can show blitz and drop, he can spy a mobile QB. I don’t think you want to pigeonhole him.

Parsons had success as a defensive end against, perhaps, the worst starting RT in football.

I am thrilled with how he looked, and think he could be an impact rusher/blitzer all up and down the line. But I think the comparison to the best full-time Edge defenders in football is a little premature, and I’d rather develop him into a guy that terrorizes from everywhere on the field. There are only a handful of guys like that in football, and Parsons could be a DPOY if we utilize him that way. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Parsons had success as a defensive end against, perhaps, the worst starting RT in football.

I am thrilled with how he looked, and think he could be an impact rusher/blitzer all up and down the line. But I think the comparison to the best full-time Edge defenders in football is a little premature, and I’d rather develop him into a guy that terrorizes from everywhere on the field. There are only a handful of guys like that in football, and Parsons could be a DPOY if we utilize him that way. 

Obviously he has a long way to go, but I don't think anyone can deny the potential is there. It feels really encouraging right now at the least. 

I'll stick with my "Lou Gehrig" for "Wally Pipp" dream for a little longer though.

24 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

"Comparing him to the best is premature"

also

"He could be a DPOY" 

😁 - Pick a lane and stay in it NYFDB!

• Like 1