Zach Wilson decision looks bad now and Darnold looks like a gamer

Vladimir L

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Amazing how much better a player looks when they have a good group of weapons around them and a competent play caller. 

Tannehill left Gase and landed in Tennessee with AJ Brown, Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith, Derrick Henry and Arthur Smith calling the plays. 

Darnold left Gase and landed in Carolina with DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, Terrance Marshall, Christian McCaffery, and Joe Brady calling the plays. 

Gase is unhirable. He'd make Brady or Mahomes look like Ryan Leaf.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Wilson has a ton of arm talent, is mobile and can make plays outside of the structure of the offense. 

It's almost like I willfully eschewed thoughtful analysis and subtlety in service of an exceedingly dumb, exceedingly hack joke, and then — just to be sure nobody missed how dumb and hacky the joke was — pointed it out one more time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

They played hard and are well coached it seems. We have a 5th round rookie CB who is playing really well in Michael Carter II, and a 6th round rookie CB starting with Brandin Echols who has looked solid.  The DL would have been dominant with Carl Lawson. Now they have really good DTs who can bring it. John Franklin Myers is a good player who should have a breakout season, he plays all over the line.   LBers you have CJ Mosley returning, then some bums. Hamslah has been starting as a rookie but looks bad.  I suspect that Goodson is going to start soon as he has NFL experience and is a better option.  Eventually Jarad Davis will return. 

We  have 7 rookies starting, so this is a super young team that is going to struggle badly at times. Some Jets fans didn't want to believe me that the Panthers defense is really good, they then dominate the Saints offense. That defense is flying around and has talent.   BB always owns rookie QBs so this was kinda expected TBH. I would have been shocked if Wilson tore up a BB defense in his 2nd start.  Hes the GOAt for a reason. Its so annoying having the Pats in my division, they are always well coached.

....wait you guys drafted two Michael Carters?

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Most owners arent willing to wait for longterm. Bottom line, a high end QB prospect gives fans more hope than a veteran with good pieces around him. 

That's because of the rookie contract scale. Teams aren't extremely invested into young QB's because they can move on after 3-4 years. So the only ones that typically stick around are usually top tier players and if they're not fans would rather take a chance on another player who could potentially be a top tier player. 

Looking back at recent draft history of 1st round QBs...

2014: Bortles (5 years with Jacksonville), Manziel (2 years with Cleveland), Bridgewater (4 years with Minnesota)

2015: Winston (5 years with Tampa), Mariota (5 years with Tennessee)

2016: Goff (5 years with LA), Wentz (5 years with Philly), Lynch (2 years with Denver)

2017: Trubisky (4 years with Chicago), Mahomes (ongoing), Watson (4 years with Houston)

2018: Mayfield (ongoing), Darnold (3 years with NY), Allen (ongoing), Rosen (1 year with Arizona), Jackson (ongoing)

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Longterm, yes. 

Most owners arent willing to wait for longterm. Bottom line, a high end QB prospect gives fans more hope than a veteran with good pieces around him. 

I think it also depends  on how those teams prepare after it as well. Are they going to year 2 take advantage of having a QB on a cost friendly contract and go big after FA and build a super team and really put that QB in a good situation. Or sit back and do nothing. The Jets showed doing nothing to help Darnold wasn't a good move, they put garbage around him. I am hoping the Jets don't screw it up again. I mean our current WR corps is better than anything Darnold had here.  

4 hours ago, Apparition said:

Curious to see how many of those were throwaways.

Usually those are removed from the equation. Spikes as well

PFR, for example, lists Lawrence as having a 32% bad throw percentage, but separates out his 2 throw aways. 

He also has an absurd depth of target for a rookie which isn't going to make his accuracy numbers look any better.