The Mike Vrabel thread (+ coaching staff)

deeluxx3

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Maybe it’s my mindset but if we’re playing man coverage, there’s not a single time my CBs are playing to the depth of 10 yards off. Play up and press them every play. Affect the timing of the route. I’d rather get burnt deep playing aggressive then giving up a free release every play playing scared. Sounds like the coaching staff is trying to blame the players and the players are blaming the scheme. Sounds amazing….

i mean, you can't play press every down. if receivers are bunched or stacked and you try to press them all, your corners are going to pick each other and someone's going to be wide open every time. i don't have an issue with off coverage inherently. the problem is the specific circumstances under which we're using it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love to rip on Vrabel! He makes it too easy to.

But MAN...when he's at his best...which is in-game/situational football management...he's as good as anyone. That guy sees the game within the game like Louis Riddick said. I loved him not calling a TO as the clock was running down last night and put the pressure on McDermott to manage the clock.

Vrabel knew that, at that point in the game and with Buffalo in the RZ, his sole objective was to keep Buffalo out of the endzone. Whether or not McDermott decided to go for the TD or kick the FG was irrelevant. A FG was a gimme...if Buffalo wanted OT then so be it. But with that decision wracking in Sean's head, Vrabel said...let's make you worry about the clock, too.

His best coaching performance since the same win last year. Rocked Belichick's and Harbaugh's worlds in the playoffs. How many guys do that?

I'm as guilty of being a prisoner of the moment as anyone. But the day we move on from this guy is the day we take a step back as a franchise. We'll figure this roster out one day.

He's a freaking savant of the game of football.

We talk about BIG GAME players. Vrabel is a BIG GAME head coach.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Six game winning streak. Extremely impressive run. Let’s remind ourselves who we beat:

Jags, Bills, Chiefs, Colts, Rams, Saints 

I remember very early this year I said that we are team on the decline from 2019 and that we could NEVER actually make a run in the playoffs because we couldn’t beat 3 playoff teams in a row. 

Ive eaten approx seven billion pounds of crow over the years on here. This is the best tasting crow yet. Who knows what happens from here on out, these injuries may reach a boiling point, but hats off to this staff. Team is prepared and focused week in and week out. We are getting the best out of nearly all our players, especially guys who are playing a lot due to injury. Exhibit A is Chris Jackson. Got roasted today. But he’s been so consistent lately that it doesn’t overshadow his larger body of work. He’s a 7th rounder that literally nobody knew about and is playing good ball. Then think if guys like NWI, Tart, Naquan, Ques…kudos to JRob obviously but what a masterpiece 6 weeks from this coaching staff.

won a bunch of different kinds of ways, too

• Like 1

I still have some issues with Vrab's, but there is no clearly better choice and I would likely have issues with any coach we hired. I was definitely a super hater after the Jets loss, but it's just the Titans DNA I guess...we will lose games we have no business losing and then turn around and win 5 strait vs playoff teams???

This will continue, that is where the "same ole Titans" mantra comes from. It's just life as a Titans fan, the truth lies somewhere in between. I have no doubt that we will lose to either the Jags or Texans...but that doesn't negate the wins we just had...and those losses don't fall purely on Vrabel. He is a really good Head Coach that gives us a chance to win any game.