The Mike Vrabel thread (+ coaching staff)

deeluxx3

I've found the criticism of the strength/conditioning to be strange anyway. Unless I'm missing something, it's the same staff that's been here Vrabel's entire tenure, and up until this season, we've done really well health wise. Sometimes football just slaps you in the face with injuries.

I don't even know that, say, the Chargers should have blamed their trainers, but it's not like we're the Chargers where it's a year in, year out thing. When we go 3 years without any issues(beyond what the average NFL team deals with), it feels weird to have issues one year and automatically think the trainers went to ****/it's their fault.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I've found the criticism of the strength/conditioning to be strange anyway. Unless I'm missing something, it's the same staff that's been here Vrabel's entire tenure, and up until this season, we've done really well health wise. Sometimes football just slaps you in the face with injuries.

I don't even know that, say, the Chargers should have blamed their trainers, but it's not like we're the Chargers where it's a year in, year out thing. When we go 3 years without any issues(beyond what the average NFL team deals with), it feels weird to have issues one year and automatically think the trainers went to ****/it's their fault.

Yeah never understood it either. It just seems like more of a bad luck thing to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Not gonna lie, I absolutely love Vrabel, he’s awesome and I can often overlook his stubbornness which irritates some others. 

I also want to say that Ben Jones might be one of the most underrated players we’ve ever had. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

A note to add. We need to build this guy a championship roster while he is here. It will be all for nothing if we don't. Now is the time to plant these seeds.

Nightmares play in my head of watching him win a Super Bowl somewhere else.

More than anything he deserves a true franchise QB. 

Vrabel reminds me of a mix of two guys he played under Cowher and Belichick. And look at what happened once those two got their franchise QBs.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I want to get a straw poll on where Titania stands on Vrabel and him staying past this year. If you had the power, would you fire him after this season or give him another year?

I would like to see it out at least one more year. Although I am bit weary, I still believe if the talent is there Vrabel can make it happen. I feel he would be aggressive if he had the guys to make him feel comfortable being aggressive. It is also scary to me to not have consistency around a young qb. 

Would love to see where everyone stands.

4 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I want to get a straw poll on where Titania stands on Vrabel and him staying past this year. If you had the power, would you fire him after this season or give him another year?

I would like to see it out at least one more year. Although I am bit weary, I still believe if the talent is there Vrabel can make it happen. I feel he would be aggressive if he had the guys to make him feel comfortable being aggressive. It is also scary to me to not have consistency around a young qb. 

Would love to see where everyone stands.

i don't love the idea of firing him this year but i also don't love the idea of keeping him. his offensive philosophy and conservatism are so outdated in the modern nfl that it's just depressing to watch. our team consistently plays stupid, consistently no-shows in the second half, and has had some of the same problems for years no matter who the coordinators and position coaches are- and far too many of those coordinators and position coaches are vastly underqualified and seem to only have jobs on the team because vrabel worked with them in houston. not to mention it's a simple fact that it's almost unprecedented for an nfl head coach to have two seasons as bad as this and ever right the ship with the same team. i want to believe vrabel can turn things around here but there's less and less for me to hold onto to believe that he will, and i just wonder whether it's better to rip the band-aid off at this point.

I really don't care. That's sad. 

If he stays I won't be mad. If we wake up tomorrow and he's fired I won't be mad. 

For me it's whatever is best for Levis or whoever is playing QB.

That's where I am. 

I don't think we will ever play a satisfying brand of offensive football with Vrabel. Even when we had the top offense in the league it wasn't as satisfying because of being so run heavy and ugly. 

There is a way to be run heavy and still be pretty. Watch the Niners. 

I’m starting to think Vrabel is the root of most of the problems.. the coaches are coaching Vrabels philosophy and how vrabel wants them to play. It’s no reason we’ve had as much change over as we have with the staff and we still are having the same problem. We hire a db coach that was in the running for DC position but yet our CBs are the same maybe even worse. We have a OC that has proven with the Texans he can call a decent offense. 

and his personnel usage over the years has really been questionable.

IDK I’m really starting to think vrabels style is the problem 

Edited by 615finest
  • Like 1