If ATL misses the playoffs, where does Matt Ryan go from there?

biggie.

Ryan's easily the great QB in team history, but it looks like this may be the end of the road for him in ATL. His arm looks like its run out of gas and what little athleticism he had before is nonexistant. 2022 will be the first year where his cap hit is greater than the dead cap, making him a release candidate.

If ATL decides to move on, does Ryan retire? Find a new team? I can't see him settling for a backup role like Flacco.

Edited by biggie.

21 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Matt Ryan actually isn't all that bad imo and still a top 15 QB. The big issue is that contract. I could see him asking for a release and getting it next season and signing with Pittsburgh, Denver or Washington.

Washington seems like the best fit with Denver being the second most logical fit if they can't land Rodgers. 

On 9/19/2021 at 11:09 PM, Forge said:

Giants are also a possibility. If Dave G actually makes it through the year this season, his seat is going to be so hot he can't sit. Another bad year means you can officially cut bait on Daniel Jones

If the Giants are able to fix their OL woes I like that fit as well. They have a good defense and solid group of weapons.