22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you predict

• Horny
    • Browns
    • Tickling Ditka’s ‘stache
    • Giving Hue a noogie
    • mike

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2021 at 05:00 PM

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Pretty sure we can do whatever we want. I'm not blaming him for his throws, but it may play into the sacks. We know you aren't a Baker fan but he is 1000 times more important to this team than OBJ.

I'm absolutely a Baker Mayfield fan now that he's on the Browns. I don't hate on Baker b/c of some pre-draft evaluation and give him props when they are do and he's often due them. Him being the best he can be helps the Browns win. But when he misses throws in critical situations it makes sense to discuss that.

But the point still stands: If Baker cannot mentally succeed or is "too focused on OBJ" while ignoring reads, then he's not a true elite top tier QB for which "mentally focusing on 1 WR" is not critical failing issue.

I never bought into the narrative that the Baker/offense struggled due to OBJ last year and have always been in the camp that they all would've been better as the season progressed and issues ironed out via the bye week.

The issues today with offense aren't attributable to that OBJ narrative. There are multiple reasons of which Jarvis Landry being out being another not discussed one.

Edited by Empire Lies

3 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

I'm absolutely a Baker Mayfield fan now that he's on the Browns. I don't hate on Baker b/c of some pre-draft evaluation and give him props where they are do and he's often due them. Him being the best he can be helps the Browns win.

But the point still stands: If Baker cannot mentally succeed or is "too focused on OBJ" while ignoring reads, then he's not a true elite top tier QB for which "mentally focusing on 1 WR" is not critical failing issue.

I never bought into the narrative that the Baker/offense struggled due to OBJ last year and have always been in the camp that they all would've been better as the season progressed and issues ironed out via the bye week.

The issues today with offense aren't attributable to that OBJ narrative. There are multiple reasons of which Jarvis Landry being out being another not discussed one.

As others have reiterated, it's OBJ being the 1st read that is the problem. He doesn't separate like he used to so it's wasted time and can lead to sacks. I'm not saying he should never be the 1st read but early on it seemed like he was 80% of the time and that is way too often.

6 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

I'm absolutely a Baker Mayfield fan now that he's on the Browns. I don't hate on Baker b/c of some pre-draft evaluation and give him props where they are do and he's often due them. Him being the best he can be helps the Browns win.

I hated the obj trade, injury uncertainty and we traded 3 starters for 2. 

1st year obj and Baker I can understand him focusing on obj, obj has a force of personality. 

2nd year, it became Baker team after the injury.

3rd hopefully we see a nice balance of obj getting the ball, and the ball being spread around.

So far obj has had two nice catch on nice routes without being the offense. Let's hope that is the season.

• Like 1