22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you predict

• Horny
    • Browns
    • Tickling Ditka’s ‘stache
    • Giving Hue a noogie
    • mike

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2021 at 05:00 PM

Schematically, here’s how we attack their defense:

1. Don’t use the TE’s. Roquan Smith has been the best LB in the NFL this season.

2. If OBJ plays, that will be a tremendous help. Unless he’s shadowed by their best CB Jaylon Johnson. The safe play is to attack their other CBs who are pretty bad.

3. The Bears strength is their interior front 7. Roquan Smith, Mario Edwards, Akiem Hicks, and possibly Eddie Goldman will NOT be easy to run on.

Our best chance of consistent high success IMO is looking to Higgins + DPJ + Schwartz and occasionally OBJ if he’s matched up against a weaker CB.

I could see Higgins busting out and having a 70+ 1 TD kind of game.

Dalton refuses to throw it deep:

Edited by candyman93

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Schematically, here’s how we attack their defense:

1. Don’t use the TE’s. Roquan Smith has been the best LB in the NFL this season.

I disagree, I think we can use the TE’s just be mindful.

2. If OBJ plays, that will be a tremendous help. Unless he’s shadowed by their best CB Jaylon Johnson. The safe play is to attack their other CBs who are pretty bad.

Agreed, and I think attack is the key word.  We need more deep and intermediate passes this week. I don’t even care as much about completing them all, just attack down the field and make them cover deep. The run game will need some space to operate.

3. The Bears strength is their interior front 7. Roquan Smith, Mario Edwards, Akiem Hicks, and possibly Eddie Goldman will NOT be easy to run on.

I’m excited for the matchup tbh. Should be a good measuring stick for our run game.

Our best chance of consistent high success IMO is looking to Higgins + DPJ + Schwartz and occasionally OBJ if he’s matched up against a weaker CB.

I’m hoping to see Schwartz in a more limited role tbh.  Get deep, draw coverage, throw to someone else.  Between the bobbles and giving up on that route last week, I’m questioning his readiness for a substantial role. Higgins is the guy we need to step up and give more opportunity to.

I could see Higgins busting out and having a 70+ 1 TD kind of game.

Let’s hope.

Dalton refuses to throw it deep:

We know what Dalton does.  He’s not a risk taker but will pick you apart if you let him stand there and throw to open receivers. Pressure and making him throw deep is how you frustrate him.

I agree with a lot of what has been said. And Letsgo already beat me to saying it.. I think that is two things that we have that will work against ANY team in the NFL. One is our TE group may be the best in the NFL.....I think Hooper and Njoku would start for 75% of the teams in the NFL....and I think Harrison Bryant would start for 50% of the teams in the NFL. And our running game....we had 3 guys make either 1rst team or 2nd Team All Pro last year, and the other 2 are either a top 10 draft pick, or the NFLPA "El Presidente' ".....I dont think we should develop overconfidence in our talented groups....but as Browns fan's we cant be gun shy when we have REAL talent....I mean how many teams can say, our backup RB has led the NFL in rushing before?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I dont think we should develop overconfidence in our talented groups....but as Browns fan's we cant be gun shy when we have REAL talent....

100%.  Teams need to be concerned with how to stop our offense, every bit as much (if not more) than we need to be concerned with handling their defense.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

100%.  Teams need to be concerned with how to stop our offense, every bit as much (if not more) than we need to be concerned with handling their defense.

Exactly.....and you as well as I know what its like to be a Browns Fan......hell those of us who've done it more than 10 years should Qualify for S.S.I. benefits from being Shell shocked.....buts its a new day, our sins were wiped clean by Sashi Brown's sacrifice and his apostles Paul and Andrew are preaching the gospel.  Now its time for us to get involved with the Party...

• Like 1