Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

I remember the thread that was dedicated bashing my guy. Let's give the man his roses. He said he had no desire to play for any other team. He never thrashed the franchise for the pathetic defenses we Brought out year after year. He never complained about shipping out Cooper or Mack. He work his tail off after horrible injury. So many fans bashed the man, but his number one wideout was Jordy Nelson or Andre Holmes some years. Aaron Rodgers wouldn't have put up with this fan base. DC welcomed AB and has tried to be a leader to people who want to buy in to the Raider way.  All DC has done is shown the mamba mentality and wanted to win. He could have easily said I'm out when Gruden tore this franchise apart. DC plays like a warrior, and he has to be carted off the field to miss time. Shout out DC

shout out Willie Brown. RIP

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

10405352_10152367607711650_5042311164523

Derek Carr gave me a fist bump after his first win that Thursday Night when we were like 0-10 against the KC Chiefs.

I'll always remember and cherish that game. That was the night my daughter was born. I remember watching the game with her sleeping laying on my chest while I watched and tried my best not to get animated haha. The Raiders were 0-10 going in and had nothing to play for, but between getting my little girl and finally getting a win I couldn't have asked for a better day. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I'll always remember and cherish that game. That was the night my daughter was born. I remember watching the game with her sleeping laying on my chest while I watched and tried my best not to get animated haha. The Raiders were 0-10 going in and had nothing to play for, but between getting my little girl and finally getting a win I couldn't have asked for a better day. 

Last game I watched with my pops before he died was the kc win last year. I’ll never forget that game for multiple reasons. 

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Last game I watched with my pops before he died was the kc win last year. I’ll never forget that game for multiple reasons. 

That type of stuff is one of many things that makes sports so amazing man. I'm glad you have that memory for the rest of your life. It'll always be a special thing to you. 

Edited by Mr Raider

The thing is, he has to keep this up all year and carry us to the playoffs. I said a couple weeks ago that this team is good enough and if DC is that guy that I think he is, he will take us to the playoffs. We have started hot and fizzled late, let’s keep it going and finish. 

also, at some point we’re going to have to lock him up long term, the sooner the better. 

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not Raiders related but the last game I ever watched with my pops was Duke's buzzer beater win vs UNC with Austin Rivers. Will always be a special game for me. Respect man, your pops is looking down happy man.

• Like 1

The reason people have doubted Carr at various points of his career is he is capable for the eventual clunker of a game, see Atlanta last season. And he's not shown an ability to win when it matters in Nov. and Dec. He needs to show he can be this good consistently and get the team to the playoffs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The reason people have doubted Carr at various points of his career is he is capable for the eventual clunker of a game, see Atlanta last season. And he's not shown an ability to win when it matters in Nov. and Dec. He needs to show he can be this good consistently and get the team to the playoffs.

This imo good consistently = great and great consistently = goat status. 

More tds less fgs. My only gripe this year are the invisible first qtrs and lack of tds to match the yardage. Gotta fix that or it will come back to haunt us eventually. We started 2-0 iirc last year too. Will revisit in nov & dec. good quality wins over quality programs tho so far. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN