Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

I heard Paul Gutierrez on a pod cast and he said Gruden was Carr's biggest supporter in the building. That it will be interesting to see how this plays out. That if Carr sulks without him and performs poorly they likely move on while they can. 

Also said that if they had lost to the Cardinals in 2018, they'd have taken Kyler #1 overall. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I heard Paul Gutierrez on a pod cast and he said Gruden was Carr's biggest supporter in the building. That it will be interesting to see how this plays out. That if Carr sulks without him and performs poorly they likely move on while they can. 

Also said that if they had lost to the Cardinals in 2018, they'd have taken Kyler #1 overall. 

That Cardinal game still hurts to this day. And people in here were actually cheering for a win which makes zero sense to me. Yes let’s win and possibly cost us the Super Bowl in future seasons. I don’t believe in full season tanking, but it was a game at the end of the season where the loser likely gets a Top 2 pick in the draft. 

Lost out on both Kyler and Bosa by winning that game. 

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Watching carr talk I feel bad for the dude he’s been in 2 -3 arguably rebuilds multiple coaches etc 

His career with the Raiders has been something. Between this, the Mack trade, the AB saga. I respect the man for sticking through it. I lesser QB would have quit this dysfunctional mess years ago.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

His career with the Raiders has been something. Between this, the Mack trade, the AB saga. I respect the man for sticking through it. I lesser QB would have quit this dysfunctional mess years ago.

He looks done and ready to join the media like his bro. Bet he makes a tell all book about the raiders. 

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

That Cardinal game still hurts to this day. And people in here were actually cheering for a win which makes zero sense to me. Yes let’s win and possibly cost us the Super Bowl in future seasons. I don’t believe in full season tanking, but it was a game at the end of the season where the loser likely gets a Top 2 pick in the draft. 

Lost out on both Kyler and Bosa by winning that game. 

Every time this is brought up A Cardinals DB also dropped the game ending INT would of sealed it. Also apparently if Donald Parham jr holds on to that TD against LV Raiders would of got the chance to take Slater over Leatherwood 

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

Think so ? He seems like a private dude wouldnt  air out dirty laundry 

He keeps alluding to “if you wanna talk longer I’ll tell you more” etc in press comments. if he wrote a book I’d buy it. He said “5 hc in 8 years” ( dayum I almost forgot 5 hc that’s crazy dysfunctional) and the look on his face when he said it was worth a 1000 words. this situation broke him. 

10 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Every time this is brought up A Cardinals DB also dropped the game ending INT would of sealed it. Also apparently if Donald Parham jr holds on to that TD against LV Raiders would of got the chance to take Slater over Leatherwood 

You just know they still would have taken Pleatherwood. They took him over Darisaw after all. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He keeps alluding to “if you wanna talk longer I’ll tell you more” etc in press comments. if he wrote a book I’d buy it. He said “5 hc in 8 years” ( dayum I almost forgot 5 hc that’s crazy dysfunctional) and the look on his face when he said it was worth a 1000 words. this situation broke him. 

He looked like broken man up there speaking, you're right. But at this point, how can he not be. 

Amazing to think.... when Al passed away, we all were excited to FINALLY see the franchise brought into the modern day. It's been more dysfunctional than ever since Mark took over. That's really saying something.