Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He looked like broken man up there speaking, you're right. But at this point, how can he not be. 

Amazing to think.... when Al passed away, we all were excited to FINALLY see the franchise brought into the modern day. It's been more dysfunctional than ever since Mark took over. That's really saying something. 

Looking back Reggie with JDR or Chucky with complete control id rather would of have stuck with Reg and JDR even if Reggie’s 2nd round picks stunk to the high heavens lol 

12 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Looking back Reggie with JDR or Chucky with complete control id rather would of have stuck with Reg and JDR even if Reggie’s 2nd round picks stunk to the high heavens lol 

I’m convinced we wouldn’t be any worse off right now if we’d stuck with Reggie & JDR.

JDR - 25-23 in his 3 years
Gruden - 22-31 in 3.3 years

Bringing back Gruden was a MAJOR whiff in terms of value for money. JDR outperformed him at a fraction of the cost.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He looked like broken man up there speaking, you're right. But at this point, how can he not be. 

Amazing to think.... when Al passed away, we all were excited to FINALLY see the franchise brought into the modern day. It's been more dysfunctional than ever since Mark took over. That's really saying something. 

Who’s the 5 hc? Jdr, gruden, sparano 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Who’s the 5 hc? Jdr, gruden, sparano 

Allen and the new guy.

Just watched David Carr talked about how the offense should look different because if it's up to Carr, they'll throw it deep a lot more. Let's see that. I think it's going to be bad.

Edited by oakdb36

14 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Allen and the new guy.

Just watched David Carr talked about how the offense should look different because if it's up to Carr, they'll throw it deep a lot more. Let's see that. I think it's going to be bad.

Oh he was here for Allen too I almost forgot 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I’m convinced we wouldn’t be any worse off right now if we’d stuck with Reggie & JDR.

JDR - 25-23 in his 3 years
Gruden - 22-31 in 3.3 years

Bringing back Gruden was a MAJOR whiff in terms of value for money. JDR outperformed him at a fraction of the cost.

I'd argue they'd have been better off with JDR. They'd have had Mack and have built around him on defense. Carr would have kept the offense steady. 

The day Mack was traded, we collectively knew a mistake was made with JG. His ego was going to be a problem. And we knew he couldn't build a roster to save his life. 

It sucks when obvious things become obvious. This scandal aside, the team was going no place with JG operating it. 

45 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Allen and the new guy.

I see a lot more turnovers coming. JG was a ball control coach who played conservative. Might see some bigger plays, but expect some boneheaded mistakes with them now.

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Every time this is brought up A Cardinals DB also dropped the game ending INT would of sealed it. Also apparently if Donald Parham jr holds on to that TD against LV Raiders would of got the chance to take Slater over Leatherwood 

Cable's favorite player in the draft was Leatherwood. Don't think they would've taken Slater.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I see a lot more turnovers coming. JG was a ball control coach who played conservative. Might see some bigger plays, but expect some boneheaded mistakes with them now.

Carr isnt one who really threw a ton a picks though.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Sorry disagree, we certainly are a mess right now. But i havnt forgotten that terrible last decade under Al. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roninho said:

Sorry disagree, we certainly are a mess right now. But i havnt forgotten that terrible last decade under Al. 

The problems are the same in terms of draft, reaches all throughout the first round and blowing draft picks. Overpaying for mediocre talent. That was supposed to be why they traded Mack right? So they could sign talent to field a good overall defense? They have no impact players on defense, Crosby is good but he’s no Mack. 

Al is gone but the dysfunction remains. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

The problems are the same in terms of draft, reaches all throughout the first round and blowing draft picks. Overpaying for mediocre talent. That was supposed to be why they traded Mack right? So they could sign talent to field a good overall defense? They have no impact players on defense, Crosby is good but he’s no Mack. 

Crosby has been great. rated one of best rushers this year. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

We were a structural 3-4 win team for years in a row. That was a whole different level of dysfunction back then.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roninho said:

We were a structural 3-4 win team for years in a row. That was a whole different level of dysfunction back then.

They never had a competent QB to be fair. This is a 4 win team without Carr. The frustrating part is, they are only an 8 win team with Carr. That's his ceiling.